The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

Trolls quote contracts. Covid changed the norm and created a flat cap. You have had a year to get over it. Maybe you should start too. Contracts mean nothing. Play on the ice is the only thing that matters.

Are you one of the guys that expects everyone to score a ton of goals to be effective because we are not watching the same game.

1.  I believe that Sutter was being wasted on the 4th line with Beagle and Motte. Sutter needs to be center to be effective. the 4th line needs to be Roussel Beagle Motte to be the most effective. When Roussel with with those two he gets into the heads of the other team and is much more balanced because when the other team starts piling on Roussel, Beagle jumps in and is willing to throw a few. Their play style is all aggressive. 

2. Sutter is a slow the game down and play positional hockey. He is just there. He is like Tanev or another good D man because you never notice him till you really look for him because the play is forced to go around him. Watch the D game closer.

3. Almost nobody on the Canucks have their legs or reflexs going yet. So, we cannot pin all the problems on them only. 

4. Gaudette and Pearson have been floating more than any other Canuck. Maybe you should call them out.

I can’t argue you with you. You are worse than Stawns 

12 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Whomever said Myers is the defensive version of Virtanen hit the nail on the head, as they're both guilty of making lazy and nonsensical plays.  Don't get me wrong, I like both of them and want to see them succeed but some of the plays they make makes me shake my head and ask what the hell were they thinking.

although that's true, every player does stupid things like that and believe me as long as a player gets experience and plays through that and gets better then it gets glaring but I'll point to how Christian Erhoff turned out here, when Erhoff got here I imagine it was a relief to go somewhere and NOT be referred to by hometown fans as "errorhoff" but that changed and it's up to the coaches to facilitate that and help with it all the way through the process.. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Our coaching staff is looooong expired. I bet you it stinks like sour milk in Greens office 

We have 56 games as you said.

Changing coaching staff means we forfeit the season. So, are you willing to do that?

Green had a good post season and I still think it is the players not being up to speed

We have 56 games as you said.

Changing coaching staff means we forfeit the season. So, are you willing to do that?

Green had a good post season and I still think it is the players not being up to speed

Markstrom & Demko had a great postseason.  Not sure how much credit you can give to the coach.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

Coaches have a shelf life and ours are past there best before date at this point. 

Exactly.  Green is a one trick pony. His methods worked for a bit but now team scouts have figured us out and Green has no counter strategy other than to keep doing the same thing. Time for him to go. Well past time actually.  He should have been let go last year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

I can’t argue you with you. You are worse than Stawns 

Go watch the games again. This time watch the game without emotion and watch what We are saying instead of with the blinders.

Roussel got a lot of hate in the playoffs by fans similar to you. Watch it again and you will see that he was more effective than Reeves.

4 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

I'd have no clue but I'll complain.

In all seriousness other than hockey what does a GM do? Do they make travel arrangements? Do they order food for the team? 

On hockey central Doug McLean said he had to deal with hockey parents a lot and their complaints. 1 hour per day I think he said. 

I know there is a ton of pr. There is always a powerful season ticket holder that needs a hug or an event to go to.

well sorry but do you actually think being a GM is easy peasy??? especially here in Vancouver? 

Go watch the games again. This time watch the game without emotion and watch what We are saying instead of with the blinders.

Roussel got a lot of hate in the playoffs by fans similar to you. Watch it again and you will see that he was more effective than Reeves.

Dude this is 2021. A whole new season. We’re not talking about last years post season. This is a completely different team. You are giving credit in aaaaalll the wrong places. I’d say 85% of posters on here can agree that we need a coaching staff change. You for whatever reason still think Green is going to coach this team to a Stanley cup and it’s quite hilarious. 

You can’t argue with a guy who thinks Green is a good coach and Sutter and Beagle are useful players. He’s in Lala land 

You like to be the big guy with the lala land comments and Grow up. You have trouble having discussions, don't you?

I think I am still entitled to my opinion. I know Canada is going the way of California with the abolishment of thought outside of popular opinion of social media. Have you crossed that line?

Just now, FaninMex said:

You like to be the big guy with the lala land comments and Grow up. You have trouble having discussions, don't you?

I think I am still entitled to my opinion. I know Canada is going the way of California with the abolishment of thought outside of popular opinion of social media. Have you crossed that line?

Double standards 

Dude this is 2021. A whole new season. We’re not talking about last years post season. This is a completely different team. You are giving credit in aaaaalll the wrong places. I’d say 85% of posters on here can agree that we need a coaching staff change. You for whatever reason still think Green is going to coach this team to a Stanley cup and it’s quite hilarious. 

No, I said if we change all the coaching staff we will forfeit the season. Do not change my words. I said that Brown should bechanged.

MTL is good

VAN is not good

Let the season play out, I have an idea how it will probably end, like some. Maybe they surprised and completely turn things around. It could happen, STL did it a couple of years ago. But they got incredible goaltending from Binnington, so who knows. Does Demko have it in him to do the same?

My guess: Benning will be fired at the end of the season, Green will get a pass, because the players actually really like him. The new GM will be given a Top 10 Draft pick on July 23. 

7 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

although that's true, every player does stupid things like that and believe me as long as a player gets experience and plays through that and gets better then it gets glaring but I'll point to how Christian Erhoff turned out here, when Erhoff got here I imagine it was a relief to go somewhere and NOT be referred to by hometown fans as "errorhoff" but that changed and it's up to the coaches to facilitate that and help with it all the way through the process.. 

I'm not trying to trash those guys and I agree that the problems we are having go back to the coaching staff 100%. With the group of players we have right now we shouldn't be struggling this much.  When was the last time we had four 30 goal scorers on the roster? 

• Wat 1