The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 23, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SN, CITY, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

15 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

honestly would swap motte and pearson for a game to see how motte would play with bo and hog. the guy can go, working his butt off the past couple of games and pearson is, idk, there? can't get no worse

I've been curious about this since the playoffs.   Maybe Tanner Pearson on the fourth line might wake him up a little too.   

Motte and the 4th line seem to get way more chances then they have any business getting - Beagle has no finish but Motte does. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I've been curious about this since the playoffs.   Maybe Tanner Pearson on the fourth line might wake him up a little too.   

Motte and the 4th line seem to get way more chances then they have any business getting - Beagle has no finish but Motte does. 

for taking away pucks to force shorhanded chances, and the only bright spot this awful pk has, like why not? What exactly is Pearson offering right now to be in the position he's in? contract? name value? i really don't know. Motte is younger, but is playing hungrier than anyone on the team right now to be brutally honest. only guy who's leading by example is, the guy you'd be expecting to; Bo and maybe Miller

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Vintage 1

I think this is going to be a dogfight, but my gut tells me that the Canucks will come out on top.  I suspect they fall back to a neutral zone trap style of a game, if not, they should.  More effort should go into stopping Montreal from scoring, then trying to score ourselves, we cannot win in a run & gun style of game at the moment the way this squad is.  Boring Hockey to watch, but you have to stop the bleeding first, before you can deal with the wound.  And continually shell shocking our Goaltenders just contributes to the problem.

The forwards will have to become more defensive in their game, and I would not be surprised to see LE make his way into the lineup, if not, he should be there.  He may not have his scoring touch anymore, which he tends to get beat up on, but no one can deny he is still a good defensive forward. As strange as this is to say, right now, little things do count, and LE should be in the line up.

We are already overpaying a couple of Defensemen for not doing their jobs, LE can't do anymore damage that has already been done. He is getting paid no matter what, might as well make use of him.

Put him in.

I am ok with a total house cleaning 

Green and his coaching staff are in way over their heads. 

i love how our team has drafted, excluding Jake and OJ but the signings part has been very damaging 

lets clean house and get things on course before we blow this window 

• Haha 3

Green refuses to:

-mix lines

- take Pearson off the top 6

- change our static penalty kill

- take timeouts

- have a pulse during games

- take responsibility personally 

guy has won nothing as a head coach...ever yet people think he is the guy? 

get ready for another tire fire tonight 

montreal will be physical and Green does not know what that word means 

Edited by canuck2288
  • Like 1

Well ill be working but if they pull this one off its a bit of a miracle considering half our D is gone and the top players confidence is at the bottom. Only consistant plaer so far is Bo. More ppl needs to take more responsibility and bring their A-game. im the only one missing Marky a lot? well.....hoping for an effort showing they dont wanna just roll over and die....FIGHT for it.....focus.....and play for eachother. U need to make something special with what we have now. Lets do it!!! 

I sense another defensive struggle for a team that doesn’t seem to know how to play defence. 

pk ranks 26th might be good to not take stupid penalties (Myers) 

most goals allowed league wide and I’m betting shots too. 
averaging 40 per night. 

Another long night. 

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Green refuses to:

-mix lines

- take Pearson off the top 6

- change our static penalty kill

- take timeouts

- have a pulse during games

- take responsibility personally 

guy has win nothing as a head coach...ever yet people think he is the guy? 

get ready for another tire fire tonight 

montreal will be physical and Green does not know what that word means 

I’m at a point where I agree 100% with you 

Need to remove the smell from last game. I predict puck love this game so the boys will come out on top despite giving up too many chances.

Any new on the Myers hit, what's the result from the league review? I thought it was a questionable major. The clip suggested to me it was not head hunting. The Nucks have received countless hits like this without a penalty called. The inconsistency continues to ruin the NHL product. Give the officials more independence from NHL management and clean up the NHL image.

GCG 

2 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

Need to remove the smell from last game. I predict puck love this game so the boys will come out on top despite giving up too many chances.

Any new on the Myers hit, what's the result from the league review? I thought it was a questionable major. The clip suggested to me it was not head hunting. The Nucks have received countless hits like this without a penalty called. The inconsistency continues to ruin the NHL product. Give the officials more independence from NHL management and clean up the NHL image.

GCG 

No suspension 

• Thanks 1