The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Laine to CBJ - Dubois to Jets

MikeBossy

Roslovic is playing the way we hoped Virtanen would, I would have loved to have seen a Virtanen for Roslovic swap. JB has to find a forward just like him who's struggling and needs a change of scenery.

As for Laine, not sure how he'll get on with Torts but it'll really tell us what his character and pride is like if he does or doesn't buy into the coaching system. 

• 1 month later...

No surprise Laine getting the Torts treatment in CBJ 

Laine was benched most of 3rd period and all of IT last night. He cant pkay defense and Torts won't put up with that...

Bad decision by Laine to ask out of the Peg. Now he's stuck in CBJ playing under Torts with no legit 1C to play with. 

Reporters are openly discussing that Torts might want to get fired.. he's in last year of contract just like Green. 

4 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

No surprise Laine getting the Torts treatment in CBJ 

Laine was benched most of 3rd period and all of IT last night. He cant pkay defense and Torts won't put up with that...

Bad decision by Laine to ask out of the Peg. Now he's stuck in CBJ playing under Torts with no legit 1C to play with. 

Reporters are openly discussing that Torts might want to get fired.. he's in last year of contract just like Green. 

Tortorella to Vancouver?

Edited by Me_

Dubois 2020/2021:  CBJ: 5 games, 1 goal, 1 point, -2,  2 PIMs.  WPG:  11 games 4g, 3a, 7 points, -2, 2 PIMs.

Laine 2020/2021:  WPG:  1 game, 2g, 1a, 3 points, +1 4 PIMs.  CBJ:  18 games, 7g, 5a, 12 points, -9, 11 PIMs.

The numbers in no way shape or form tell the whole story.  Since the Jan 23rd trade winnipeg has only lost 4 games by more than 1 goal.  3 to Vancouver and one thumping to Montreal.  Literally every other game that hasn't been an outright win has been a 1 goal loss.

Columbus has had similar success but with more bipolar results in their losses/wins on the score board.  A lot of that due to poor defensive lapses from their forwards.

Laine is still a stud player who can put up points but Dubois is helping shore up the issues the Jets were having with Laine in the lineup.  Where as the Jets are struggling to score a bit now but the Jackets are struggling to maintain defensive consistency.

This will be a long time who won it trade for any clear winner but I still think the jets came out ahead

I understand Tortorella's style and Laine really doesn't gel well with it. They're about as bad as we are right now with arguably a similar team on paper, if any team needs a coaching change it's Columbus. 7 points out of a playoff spot, I think this messing with Laine might be the final straw for CBJ.

24 minutes ago, Provost said:

It seems like Tortorella’s time in Columbus is rapidly coming to and end.

It always seems like he gets more hard core and less give a crap the longer he goes and ends up self destructing.

Kinda seems like his time here. Seemed like a dbag the entire time he was here and didn’t give a crap.

11 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Hahhaha... love it...

That would be something eh...

Well the youth movement is in full bloom.

Tortorella thrives in that kind of environment.

But it would kill Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat, Höglander, Juolevi, Gaudette, Virtanen and pretty much anyone with a young heartbeat.

Watch Torts sit Miller for an entire third period see how that goes.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1