The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | January 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, SNP, TSN5, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

• -SN- pinned and featured this topic

I'm sure Benning and Green are looking forward to the boys playing OTT for a few games next week. Lesser competition one could say. Might even save their jobs if they win one or two. Then off to WPG  :picard: but I won't get ahead of myself. These games against OTT are a chance to get back in the running if they win all 3. I feel they're slowly getting there, but being a shortened season, there is no time to wait for guys to get up to speed. I just hope Quinn plays to win, and not enjoy more play time with a Tkachuk. 

The team needs a win badly

The fans need the same

And I am certain each individual player feels the same

There is some dis connect in the room - or I think there is.  Maybe Marky was the glue that held it all together - he was quite outspoken - more so then Tanev I think. Whatever the problem they need to figure it out - as fans all we can do is speculate and hope for the best.

It's going to be hard to stay in the race if they can't

That being said - go Canucks go

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

Hope we could somehow sweep this series and get back into things, esp. with Steutzle out there's less incentive to want Ottawa to do well.  

Then again, if they can get the jump against Toronto like they did when they played I'd keep an eye on their young guns. 

Hope both our goalies can lock things down and Pete can build off the confidence of scoring last night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

Hope we could somehow sweep this series and get back into things, esp. with Steutzle out there's less incentive to want Ottawa to do well.  

Then again, if they can get the jump against Toronto like they did when they played I'd keep an eye on their young guns. 

Hope both our goalies can lock things down and Pete can build off the confidence of scoring last night.

Here's the status of Stützle:

Selected third overall in the 2020 NHL Draft, Stützle has one goal through two games with the Senators this season. Smith has said the rookie is considered "day-to-day."

“It's just been something that's nagging," Smith said Wednesday. “And it really is minor but something that hampers him to not be able to go, to be a 100 per cent and with a player like that at his age, you know, we're not going to take that risk.”

Stützle was on the ice for the morning skate on Saturday, January 22 but did not play on Saturday.