The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | January 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, SNP, TSN5, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Keep going. Baby steps. 

can't help but take them as their all time factored and that's what we needed to begin with but didn't get, as in no preseason or practices between games, it'll come together and stringing wins together and not just against the sens either.. this is practice for the bigger games.

Three stars tonight as picked by Foster Hewitt

3rd star tonight with a goal and a +2 rating.........Olii Juolevi

2nd star tonight with a save percentage of .972.........Thatcher Demko

1st star, with 3 goals, a +3 rating and an 80%FO percentage.........Brandon Sutter

Honorable mention to Nils Hoglander with a highlite pass and a super pass completion ratio

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I’m not writing Ottawa off next game , they kept out top 6 forwards pretty quiet , tonight is a great win. Who would’ve predicted a Sutter hat trick?

I’m actually hoping the games are a little tighter. I don’t think we’ll blow them out again on this stint and that would be the best thing honestly as long as the result is there. It probably would have been a 3-1 win tonight if Murray wasn’t the goalie. Point is I think they would be better prepared for Winnipeg if these next couple are closer score wise 

2 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Really Squam?

Hmmm.. wonder if sutts keep playing that well and the bottom six starts to click more and so does top 6, D gets healthy and it becomes a lot more fun to watch again... 2 more seasons, I can take that... 

Not much left to do with this team and them see where it goes, but some realized it would be a 5-6 year build and we're almost there... 

Motte and MacEwen were exactly what we need from our bottom six tonight. Sutter on the other hand was in Bergeron/Toews stratosphere all game. Some GM will sign him to his last ticket if he keeps playing lights out. 
Bo’s line was good at both ends of the ice. Miller and Petey were pouting all game and couldn’t get on the same page. Maybe it’s time to switch BB6 with Virt for a period to get them all going.