The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | January 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, SNP, TSN5, RDS

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not only did Sutter score three, but he had 80% in the faceoff circle. Foundational Balls!!!!!

Foundational balls, hopefully he continue this more often this season. 

sphere%20on%20pedestal.jpg

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan
  • Hydration 2
  • Vintage 1
5 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

chill out bud hes 22 hes got elite talent and hes in a dry spell it happens 

I dunno man. It's really concerning.

A dry spell is no puck luck etc.

He is a shell of his former self, the old Petey would hustle all over the ice, datsyuk-esque, if he wasn't scoring he was hounding pucks and breaking up plays defensively. And he had a shoot first mentality.

All he does is pass up grade a opportunities. Something personal is bugging him, maybe he needs some time away from the rink.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

He looks completely out of shape and is pouting half the time 

Maybe Benning should put him on waivers? With all the money he saves he could re-sign Sutter long term. I'm thinking Miller-Sutter-Boeser as the new top line. Make that Captain Sutter...:P

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Our D will always be a WIP (work in piss) without having a true defence coach and breakout system.

Which we won't get til we, you know..

Turf Nolan Baumgartner 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I was a bit concerned a few days ago when Green opted to go (back) to a bottom six with separate Beagle and Sutter lines *which I really agree with, because I think they're a much better, more balanced team with the two veteran centered bottom six lines) - when Sutter wound up on the wing with MacEwen taking draws (was wondering about Sutter's health)....looks like he's alright.

Tonight noticed Motte taking the odd defensive zone draw with Beagle on the ice (not on a Beagle wave-out) - and it's starting to look like Green et al are working on/developing their young natural centers (who've been primarily on the wing early in their careers) - Motte and MacEwen taking primary draws is interesting - maybe building some base for the possibility that one or both develop back into centers in due course (or at the very least, making those lines more versatile.

Regardless of those nuances - did those shutdown guys ever look unreal again tonight - not just Sutter - but Beagle and Motte, once again - getting the best of opponents on the counerpunch.

Well guess they don't need to be shutdown guys when there's nobody to shutdown on the other side.

15 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The defense still needs work, structure-wise, but very happy to see both Juolevi and Hughes get goals tonight. And very happy for Sutter. He killed it tonight.

Yeah it does.

Hopefully our offense can gain confidence and mitigate our team D play.

Having one of them going is better than none. Oilers and Leafs run on offense and we have the firepower to do so as well. Not the most successful type of hockey but it would make due for the year and in this division.

• Vintage 1
6 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

He’s like a Tyler Motte with huge skill 

and better physically along the boards and tenacity/drive to the net

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, FijianCanuck said:

Well guess they don't need to be shutdown guys when there's nobody to shutdown on the other side.

i thought beags had a great shutdown game tonight, especially on the PK.

• Hydration 1