The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 27, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

let's see if the Nucks are awake and remember to move their legs and hit....trouble brews when they think they can skate around the opponent, over-pass, and go puck watching.  if we can connect on consecutive tape to tape outlets that would be a bonus.

anyone see if Green was teaching in hieroglyphs again or did he move on to braille today?

• Wat 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

Oh yes and if I recall Boeser beat him on some clean shots too Which makes it even more hilarious 

yeah the one where he says went off the guys foot, baercheese kicked it to his stick and quickly passed it to boeser with the open net

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hope they can build off that win with no letdowns.   Keep on rollin'

And did anyone else hear the banter on 650 today??  I generally love the station but shut it off, was so ticked off.  Do we always have to whine about something?

The topic being discussed was JT Miller's "outburst" last night....like why is this even a thing?  Why the hell are we going there when there was a good win last night that could be the focus?  They were slamming him .... this is a damned if you do/don't market and I won't tune in for that crap.  I LOVE that he was so emotionally invested and intense.  Even with them way ahead...it shows that he was not yet satisfied and that's a good thing.   Social media fuels a lot of this stuff and I wish they'd stop always LOOKING for controversy.  Can we just have a win and a reprieve for a night?

650 will lose me if they start being a bunch of whiny drama kings and queens.  JT swore and broke a stick.  OMG  It's hockey, get over it.

Honestly Deb I think even if we won the cup there would be some fan, somewhere, complaining.

4 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hope they can build off that win with no letdowns.   Keep on rollin'

And did anyone else hear the banter on 650 today??  I generally love the station but shut it off, was so ticked off.  Do we always have to whine about something?

The topic being discussed was JT Miller's "outburst" last night....like why is this even a thing?  Why the hell are we going there when there was a good win last night that could be the focus?  They were slamming him .... this is a damned if you do/don't market and I won't tune in for that crap.  I LOVE that he was so emotionally invested and intense.  Even with them way ahead...it shows that he was not yet satisfied and that's a good thing.   Social media fuels a lot of this stuff and I wish they'd stop always LOOKING for controversy.  Can we just have a win and a reprieve for a night?

650 will lose me if they start being a bunch of whiny drama kings and queens.  JT swore and broke a stick.  OMG  It's hockey, get over it.

Well F**K me .... it bugs me to hear 650 made a big deal of that. I'm gonna boycott them too.

And oh yeah ... the Nucks give the Sens another 7-1 spanking. This time Petey gets the hatty.

Edited by yes we can nucks
additional thoughts

9 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Tied for 4th with Coilers 

spacer.png

Habs outplayed the Leafs despite losing that one.

Leafs did have a great record vs Canada last year.

Biggest surprise so far has to be the Jets.

Flames are in tough vs the Habs the next two.

2 hours ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Sadly, Deb, outrage and controversy garner clicks. Social media has teams of physiologists on their payrolls to advise them about how to modify their algorithms to achieve maximum engagement (ie clicks) from their user base. 

That works in 2021.  I have played a few rounds of golf down here with Neil McRae before he died and during one I asked him why he was always so negative about the Canucks, Lions and Whitecaps.  He said all the radio guys learned that from Davidson (sp? , was before my time in Vancouver) ... controversy brings listeners and that equates to more advertising revenue.

So not much has changed in 40 years

• Thanks 2