The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 27, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

hey Stealth, out of curiosity, what is the purpose of locking threads after the game?

Do you want folks to continue a convo in the thread for next game?

they said that the PGTs are set too a timer and auto lock, but just continue it in the new GDT.

I'd like to see gaudette in instead of virtanen (wing/center) issues aside. Virtanen just struggles so much with taking/making creative passes and plays especiallyin tight quarters. I prefer gaudettes hussle.  I do like virtanen when he gets the pick cleanly and hangs onto it and keeps his feet moving, especially on the point on pp2 but those times are so few and far between. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

You know Ottawa are going to come more prepared for this game, not going to be as easy. Let's just hope they continue that sloppy defensive play and we play a bit tighter, we're still letting up lots of shots and A-grade scoring chances. This mini-series is the Canucks way back into the season and hopefully will boost our confidence and prepare us for the Winnipeg, Toronto and then rematch Montreal games.

Pettersson has to get scoring in these next two games, there won't be another opportunity like this. 

Also, a big opportunity to get us back to 0.500 hockey and erase that terrible +/-.

4-2 Canucks, Pettersson with a goal and an assist.

My takes from last game:

- people say Ottawa is underrated, but I don't think so, the stats don't lie when showing us and Ottawa at the bottom of the league, that said they're exactly what we need at this point to turn the season around

- been critical of Sutter but that's mostly his playmaking skills which have always been non-existent, not saying we should move Hogs from Bo but imagine when we can have a 3rd line like Hogs - Sutter - Jake/Zack, then we're talking

- nice to see OJ getting a goal, being happy and teammates being happy for him, think it means a lot both for him personally and for the team moving forward

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

You know Ottawa are going to come more prepared for this game, not going to be as easy. Let's just hope they continue that sloppy defensive play and we play a bit tighter, we're still letting up lots of shots and A-grade scoring chances. This mini-series is the Canucks way back into the season and hopefully will boost our confidence and prepare us for the Winnipeg, Toronto and then rematch Montreal games.

Pettersson has to get scoring in these next two games, there won't be another opportunity like this. 

Also, a big opportunity to get us back to 0.500 hockey and erase that terrible +/-.

4-2 Canucks, Pettersson with a goal and an assist.

I'm less worried about line 1, than getting more creative on the PP. That's where our skill guys need to show way more. 

GCG

13 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hope they can build off that win with no letdowns.   Keep on rollin'

And did anyone else hear the banter on 650 today??  I generally love the station but shut it off, was so ticked off.  Do we always have to whine about something?

The topic being discussed was JT Miller's "outburst" last night....like why is this even a thing?  Why the hell are we going there when there was a good win last night that could be the focus?  They were slamming him .... this is a damned if you do/don't market and I won't tune in for that crap.  I LOVE that he was so emotionally invested and intense.  Even with them way ahead...it shows that he was not yet satisfied and that's a good thing.   Social media fuels a lot of this stuff and I wish they'd stop always LOOKING for controversy.  Can we just have a win and a reprieve for a night?

650 will lose me if they start being a bunch of whiny drama kings and queens.  JT swore and broke a stick.  OMG  It's hockey, get over it.

funny that u get banned on here for swearing 

• Cheers 1