The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 27, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

Just now, Rindiculous said:

Wait, why at this point in the season have we played almost twice as many games as Calgary?  And we don't even get a two day break until the 2nd or 3rd week of next month.

maybe they have a more heavy schedule later in the season, but i'd rather have the back to backs later in the season, so we can warm up at least.

30 minutes ago, xereau said:

Not too many super dangerous shots against.

'Member when we used to get periods like that with those teams from 4-5 years ago?

Ottawa's impotent perimeter game was on display, and 24 shots in a period doesn't tell the story alone.

This team's doggedly committed to blocking up the lanes and capitalizing on turnovers, I'll give them that much.

sure but at one point they had 17 shots on goal and 0 missed the net and 0 blocked.. so that wasn't them committing to blocking up lanes blocking shots lol that was just them coming out not ready and half asleep. demko showed up in the 1st the rest of the team was still on pre game nap

Edited by wai_lai416
10 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good points - hope JB had learned some lesson about cap management and actually pay players that are worth keeping - hindsight !

I believe he has but it was a right philosophy at that time to overpay some players who might not want to be here unless they are paid handsomely.   We had no other choice.  However, we were not expected to shorten the timeline by a couple of seasons.  The games against Montreal exposed the holes we have even if we find some free agents.  It wouldn't change the timeline of when they are ready to contend for the Cup. That will come later.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Tkachuk over reacting was priceless.

Here's a guy who jumps full force on goaltenders, waves his skates in the air like he just doesn't care and his knickers are in a twist because someone gently flicked a puck at him.  I would have taken a slapshot.

Seems to be the general consesus among players outside of the Flakes locker room.  Probably, why nobody really stood up fomr him

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Hydration 1
19 minutes ago, 1-d said:

For a while in the 3rd I was worried Demko won't get his 40+ shots diet.

I know hey? maybe they should keep letting 40+ shots or he might have a heart attack from the shock of it being from 25-30 or he might think he dreaming or something..

In all seriousness, we sure have to sort that $&!#e out and keep it that way, relying on our goalie so much to win games that much is unacceptable. 

• Vintage 1
4 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

maybe they have a more heavy schedule later in the season, but i'd rather have the back to backs later in the season, so we can warm up at least.

Yah like almost half of their games have been against us so far...like have they just been twiddling their thumbs for the past month?

• Hydration 1
7 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I believe he has but it was a right philosophy at that time to overpay some players who might not want to be here unless they are paid handsomely.   We had no other choice.  However, we were not expected to shorten the timeline by a couple of seasons.  The games against Montreal exposed the holes we have even if we find some free agents.  It wouldn't change the timeline of when they are ready to contend for the Cup. That will come later.

With hindsight it easy to criticize those signing but with some context those signing can also be defended.  Moving forward, I hope any bottom six guys would not get term from now on unless it is the players' first or second contract before the last FA to cash - the pursuit of happine$$...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1
6 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Wait, why at this point in the season have we played almost twice as many games as Calgary?  And we don't even get a two day break until the 2nd or 3rd week of next month.

it's a great thing actually, canucks had the harderst schedule for the first 10 games in the north. this was the hardest part of our schedule, and if we can win tommorrow thats puts at .500. I would say thats decent.

• Hydration 1
5 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Yah like almost half of their games have been against us so far...like have they just been twiddling their thumbs for the past month?

hopefully MTL roasts them tomorrow and MT has a hissy fit, oh and anderson takes him out.

Edited by TNucks1