The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 27, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

Again the schedule makers screw Vancouver.  Or are we just unlucky.  We've played 9,  Montreal has played 6.   Stacking the games up at the beginning of the season with no preseason, and players still getting up to game shape, with more back to backs, makes wins harder, and opens up more injury problems.  Whereas a team like Montreal can have more practices vs. games, and ease into the season better.  I hate being ahead in games played. Have to rely on other teams losing to move up.

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

One can dream....

I love how much drama he's bringing to himself.  He's the new version of Marchand....great player but everyone hates you.  Watch your back out there.

really hope next time muzzin takes him out whenever they play them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Players seems feed up cause he is quite reckless with other players safety;  watching the clip I did not notice any team mates (really) standing up for him...

well if you watch the clip, everyone had there back turned heading back to the bench and didnt know what happened probably assumed tkachuk doing his regular sh1t disturbing.

8 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

With hindsight it easy to criticize those signing but with some context those signing can also be defended.  Moving forward, I hope any bottom six guys would not get term from now on unless it is the players' first or second contract before the last FA to cash - the pursuit of happine$$...

Contracts were brutal the moment they were signed. Many were up in arms for it and the ramifications from those have already punished the team and will continue to do so.

We're still a ways off where we'll need to be to beat top teams, but things are improving.  Much better skating and passing than a week ago, plus clutch goaltending from Demko.  Defensive coverage is still an issue.  All in all, it looks a lot like last year's team:  potent scoring and good goaltending covering up for questionable defense.  Sky's the limit if we could just fix that.

Edited by Maniwaki Canuck
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Contracts were brutal the moment they were signed. Many were up in arms for it and the ramifications from those have already punished the team and will continue to do so.

Felt the same when the announcement were made cause of the term but moving forward lets hope JB would stop shooting himself in the foot - this past off season seems to indicate he has.  Two more years and these anchors will be gone.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Vintage 1