The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 27, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SN, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Dude go on to the sens board on HF, read how much crap they were talking after the 1st.

Hate to break it to you but no fan of any Canadian team gives any other Canadian fan quarter.

Hell, the rest of Canada cheered for the Bruins and rooted against us in the bubble.

Yup when it comes to hockey in Canada nobody wants to be out done by another Canadian team. It’s the biggest of all rivalries.

• Cheers 3

28 minutes ago, billabong said:

Would you push your luck and start demko tomorrow? 

3 starts in 4 nights and a heavy workload in the first 2 would be tough 

I personally would. I bet he wants the start let the kid keep rolling. If he wins it will be good for his confidence if he loses he will get a rest. 

1 hour ago, Chanmanx007 said:

Listening to 650 radio thank you for calling out Ottawa and feeling bad for them.. humane thing to do.. its just not right as fans to trash ottawa

I'm all about empathy and compassion man , but we recently were Ottawa for almost 5 years in a row, plus more if you count all the down years in the 80s and 90s so I can't feel too sympathetic for them.  

• Cheers 1

Got to love Motte!!! He should for sure be the #3LW and bump Rooster down to the 4th. I was really hoping we would lock him up for 4 or 5 years as I think the cap hit would of still been under 2m, great player to have on the team, hope he is protected in Seattle expansion!!

• Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

pretty sure montreal fans was probably cheering for us, i like montreal hope they make the playoffs but if we play against them, hope they get swept or lose during the next games we play them.

I thought they would but they most didn't. Jets and Habs fans had a few cheering us on in the bubble but they were the minority.

Nobody outside of BC seems to have liked the 2011 era team at all. To this day most of the hatred for our team stems from the personnel we had like Kes, Juice, Cookie, Burr heck even the twins. Habs and Leaf fans are being extra douchy this season from all the praise heaped on them by the media.

58 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Clearly he brings that on himself. That's why I'm more than happy we didn't draft him. The group Benning has assembled is filled with character guys who play hard, but fair. It's pretty bad when your own teammates don't have your back. 

Yeah his team mates reaction says alot - there is always a bigger douche in the yard and he will attract that person in time (on or off the ice).  Very reckless with other peoples safety.....

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Chanmanx007 said:

Zubov ? Who is that 

Won world junior Gold for the Soviet Union and Olympic Gold for Russia. Won cups with the Rangers in 94' and Stars in 99'. Played over 1000 games and some 770 points (a lot for a defenceman) in the NHL before returning to Russia to finish his career. Elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2019.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Whalespray said:

I personally would. I bet he wants the start let the kid keep rolling. If he wins it will be good for his confidence if he loses he will get a rest. 

I would start Holtby, after the sh**t storm he's faced a bunch of low quality shots to pad the stats would do him good.

• Cheers 1