The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green and his assistants - not the men for this job

Rate this topic

Dazzle

On 2/2/2021 at 7:03 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

It's Feb 2nd, as we head off to Hogtown a game under .500

We get 4 outa' 6 pts there, or I say we go to Babcock for the next home-stand.

No more toxic coaches please.

Honestly, again, team is outshot badly. Last game they shot more, and scored more.

This Green stubbornness is killing this team.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

No more toxic coaches please.

Honestly, again, team is outshot badly. Last game they shot more, and scored more.

This Green stubbornness is killing this team.

This team is exhausted and has had zero practice time since the start of the season. 14 games in 23 nights is not a good thing, they should have committed to going a little later in the year and spread the games out a little more. Run till 3rd week of May on 56 games and keep the entertainment value up for fans.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

This team is exhausted and has had zero practice time since the start of the season. 14 games in 23 nights is not a good thing, they should have committed to going a little later in the year and spread the games out a little more. Run till 3rd week of May on 56 games and keep the entertainment value up for fans.

Of course the laundry list of excuses continues for Green.

Look at our freaking shot totals. This was the same issue as last year. We also have a ton of giveaways and defensive breakdowns.

But hey, at least Green has his timeout for coaching challenge....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Of course the laundry list of excuses continues for Green.

Look at our freaking shot totals. This was the same issue as last year. We also have a ton of giveaways and defensive breakdowns.

But hey, at least Green has his timeout for coaching challenge....

Among other issues how many more games like this are we gonna let happen before something changes? We’re giving up FOUR GOALS A GAME for christ sakes. Other circumstances, one month into the season yada yada yada doesn’t matter. Giving up that many goals for a team that should be much better than it is showing is inexcusable, and that’s on the coaching staff. 

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Pears said:

Among other issues how many more games like this are we gonna let happen before something changes? We’re giving up FOUR GOALS A GAME for christ sakes. Other circumstances, one month into the season yada yada yada doesn’t matter. Giving up that many goals for a team that should be much better than it is showing is inexcusable, and that’s on the coaching staff. 

giving up 7 a game not 4 lol

Green is stuck in the NA hockey mind where you punish players by put them in press box and think that is a great way to go.

Kind of neanderthalish...

But he got it going good sometimes. 

He change lines a lot and sometimes it works and sometimes it's just confusing. 

I am more of a build chemistry kind of guy. 

Chemistry isn't built with changing lines all the time. You get the mercenaries going but you don't get the much neccessary chemistry.

That alone is the main thing I want to shift coach. 

I want a coach that get the chemistry going. Not a coach that changes lines as soon as he believe the oppo got the lines figured out. 

Edited by Timråfan

15 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

What happens when the next coach comes in and the team still sucks because the GM did a poor job of constructing his team?

No coach is turning this team into a contender. Even though he shouldn't be given one, it seems that Benning is being given a pass because of COVID, or "transitional year", or *insert excuse here*.

But I believe a better coach would make this look like less of a tire-fire.

Edited by kanucks25
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

No coach is turning this team into a contender. Even though he shouldn't be given one, it seems that Benning is being given a pass because of COVID, or "transitional year", or *insert excuse here*.

But I believe a better coach would make this look like less of a tire-fire.

That was precisely my point.

If Benning fires Green, he will have gone through 2 coaches and just 2 playoff appearances to show for in 7 seasons.  Yet, you have fans like the OP who think Benning needs more time and that everything and everybody else in Vancouver is the problem, hence blaming Green all of the sudden.

The minute we fire Benning, the public support will come back and people will gladly stomach this awful season.  If we fire Green, we may get a coach to make us slightly better but it won't change the fact that the coach will still be working with a team that currently isn't good enough to win consistently.  Therefore, the toxicity will remain.

I honestly believe that Green is a real good NHL coach and can succeed as an NHL head coach. I see the problem being that he has not surrounded himself with quality assistants and they are bringing him down.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I honestly believe that Green is a real good NHL coach and can succeed as an NHL head coach. I see the problem being that he has not surrounded himself with quality assistants and they are bringing him down.

The Malhotra loss was huge. Dude brings positive energy to the team and was great at face-offs.

I would've dumped Newell Brown to keep him at all costs.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2021 at 1:26 PM, Alain Vigneault said:

That was precisely my point.

If Benning fires Green, he will have gone through 2 coaches and just 2 playoff appearances to show for in 7 seasons.  Yet, you have fans like the OP who think Benning needs more time and that everything and everybody else in Vancouver is the problem, hence blaming Green all of the sudden.

The minute we fire Benning, the public support will come back and people will gladly stomach this awful season.  If we fire Green, we may get a coach to make us slightly better but it won't change the fact that the coach will still be working with a team that currently isn't good enough to win consistently.  Therefore, the toxicity will remain.

That's too funny. Your hate for Benning continually showcases your lack of logic. How exactly does firing a GM change the toxicity of the room? That's hilarious.