The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Motte becoming a top 6 guy????

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Motte  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Motte is on a hot streak and I do believe he's showing more of his offensive potential this year, but I don't think he's a top six guy based off 9 games to start the season. There might be a good case to move him up to the 3rd line in coming weeks though.

• Like 1

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Motter is a leader in the bottom six, He gets his points via hard earned work. Gives 110% every shift. IMO he's a perfect high end 3rd liner on a good team. Pearson is just a place holder for podz IMO as im very high on him.

you described a top 6 forward, 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

Just now, -AJ- said:

Motte is on a hot streak and I do believe he's showing more of his offensive potential this year, but I don't think he's a top six guy based off 9 games to start the season. There might be a good case to move him up to the 3rd line in coming weeks though.

Maybe he isn't a top 6 long term but but he is on a hot streak and IMO the coach should take advantage of it 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

Motte and Horvat lined up against lets say McDavid would make McDavid's life a little more miserable out there

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Maybe he isn't a top 6 long term but but he is on a hot streak and IMO the coach should take advantage of it 

Possibly, but you could argue if it 'aint broke, don't fix it. He's playing very well with his 4th line teammates right now and the whole team's offense is clicking.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

The way things are going I'd rather protect Motte over Virtanen 

with out a doubt 

After I saw what Toffoli signed for I actually had wished that Benning could have traded Pearson and signed Toffoli and and let Virtanen walk

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Possibly, but you could argue if it 'aint broke, don't fix it. He's playing very well with his 4th line teammates right now and the whole team's offense is clicking.

I believe if aint broke fix it anyways, this team is giving up to many shots from the other teams top lines that's broke to me 

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I believe if aint broke fix it anyways, this team is giving up to many shots from the other teams top lines that's broke to me 

But does moving Motte up to the top six fix that problem?

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

But does moving Motte up to the top six fix that problem?

His work ethic and hot streak with Horvat might, but we won't know till it is tried. We all got to remember this Ott we are playing not the other 5 teams in the division. Try it next game against Ott a team you know you can beat it is time to experiment now not when the team is down 3-2 to a better team

13 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Motter is a leader in the bottom six, He gets his points via hard earned work. Gives 110% every shift. IMO he's a perfect high end 3rd liner on a good team. Pearson is just a place holder for podz IMO as im very high on him.

I remember those points working very well for a fella who wasn't even drafted wearing a #14

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

The way things are going I'd rather protect Motte over Virtanen 

no doubt, with the way things are going, motters alot more valuable than virt, you'd think he'd watch motte and say hey maybe i should try and do that too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I remember those points working very well for a fella who wasn't even drafted wearing a #14

Motte reminds me a lot of the dragon slayer.  I'd rather not mess with a winning lineup, but I'm certainly not opposed to giving him a shot at some point.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Motte reminds me a lot of the dragon slayer.  I'd rather not mess with a winning lineup, but I'm certainly not opposed to giving him a shot at some point.

I so dislike this kind of thinking nobody in their right mind can say this was a good game great for fans and entertainment but for structure if they are playing any other team this is a loss in the first period. Changes should come now not when the team is losing 4-2 against a better team 

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Wat 2

37 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

you described a top 6 forward, 

A top six is what we currently see in ours when they are peaking, Granted pearson is the obvious upgrade when the time comes.

Look at deep teams, Nothing wrong with having talent down the lineup to spread the wealth. Alot of it comes down to match ups as well.
Would he have 5 goals playing a pure offensive role against other teams top players? I'm not so sure. BUT i'd much rather give him a shot over virt if injuries arrive. 

I've seen him get most his points off the rush, Not from set plays after being in the OZ maintaining pressure. Which is what our top lines tend to do.

I love motte, But coaching staff see's these players in soo many different ways then us average fans can, We will have to take their word for it when it comes to rolls on the team.

As others stated, I'm not sure id fix what isnt broken. Plus do we really need motter thinking hes some 4+ million dollar player? haha 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

A top six is what we currently see in ours when they are peaking, Granted pearson is the obvious upgrade when the time comes.

Look at deep teams, Nothing wrong with having talent down the lineup to spread the wealth. Alot of it comes down to match ups as well.
Would he have 5 goals playing a pure offensive role against other teams top players? I'm not so sure. BUT i'd much rather give him a shot over virt if injuries arrive. 

I've seen him get most his points off the rush, Not from set plays after being in the OZ maintaining pressure. Which is what our top lines tend to do.

I love motte, But coaching staff see's these players in soo many different ways then us average fans can, We will have to take their word for it when it comes to rolls on the team.

As others stated, I'm not sure id fix what isnt broken. Plus do we really need motter thinking hes some 4+ million dollar player? haha 

Does Horvat line play an offensive role, Does Horvat score off the rush, Would Pearson not spread the wealth to other lines. Did I say put Motte on Petey's line