The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 28 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

nice to see corey hirsch doing well. hes gonna make me tear up ; ;

Being a goaltender or goalkeeper has to be the toughest job in hockey or soccer. 

Rarely do you get the acclaim. Mostly you get grief. 

No wonder it mucks up your head. Is it true Demko has a degree in sports psychology? 

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

I hope Hirsch realizes how respected and valued he is.  I value his opinion on the game more than any other canuck personality and hes hilarious to listen to.

I used to watch him play for Kamloops circa 1990. Very good junior goalie, behind great teams. 

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Being a goaltender or goalkeeper has to be the toughest job in hockey or soccer. 

Rarely do you get the acclaim. Mostly you get grief. 

No wonder it mucks up your head. Is it true Demko has a degree in sports psychology? 

Goalies are known to be loners to a point 

I heard somewhere that Demko does yes

3 minutes ago, StiffStick33 said:

What was the story with hirshy? What happened there. 

Had depression, and got help. He's much better now, and I'm glad to see it. He's one of the nice guys. Best of all he always wants others to get help, and is an advocate for mental health. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

sort of.... shades of last year, hanging out Marky to dry but he stood on his head! So wrong to put that on your goalie every frickin game

But that's been our only defensive system for years. Guys are just letting the other team shoot from everywhere and expect their goalie will bail them out.

It's all Marky's fault.