The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 28 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Pearson quietly having another solid season, Hoglander is bringing out the best in him.

Huge night for our top line obviously and the defence played pretty well, looks like Green is preferring Chatfield over Juolevi right now. 

Green managed to split ice time across all the players very evenly these 3 games so hopefully we're fresh for the real tests coming up. +/- restored and back to .500 only to play a solid Jets and Leafs team. I don't think we'll win all of these games but just hope we're competitive and take it to them, and don't give up 5 breakaways because we'll get burned so hard on pretty plays.

• Like 2

I have another take on this, you guys might want to consider

#1..........Tkachuks hit was legal

then he gets a cross check

Then big McEwen takes him  on

#2..........Next time we play Ottawa

and someone hits a Ottawa player

then big GUD, who did not react

comes over and beats the crap out of 

Miller, Horvat, Boeser.............you know a star player that wasn't really doing anything

Then we will hear people on here crying!

#3...............It was wrong, and Gaudette started it (had to edit)

and McEwen, could have just went in there and tied him up

#4...............I think it was a mistake, and you guys remember Pay Back is a Bitch!

Then we will see who is laughing!

Try thinking about it from their eyes, especially after loosing the series so decisively

It was a mistake!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Wat 5
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hey, I am a Canuck through and through

But I say, hit him when it matters, fight him fair and square

don't jump a guy, because you feel tough!

meh tkachuk sold it a bit, https://streamable.com/aofqsy
EDIT: rewatching that, didnt even hit him in the face
EDIT2: tkachuks 6'4/w.e pounds and BigMacs 6'4 as well, stickin up for gauds who isnt the biggest guy.

Edited by TNucks1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I have another take on this, you guys might want to consider

#1..........Tkachuks hit was legal

then he gets a stick in the face

Then big McEwen takes him  on

#2..........Next time we play Ottawa

and someone hits a Ottawa player

then big GUD, who did not react

comes over and beats the crap out of 

Miller, Horvat, Boeser.............you know a star player that wasn't really doing anything

Then we will hear people on here crying!

#3...............It was wrong, and Chatfield should have gotten kicked out

and McEwen, could have just went in there and tied him up

#4...............I think it was a mistake, and you guys remember Pay Back is a Bitch!

Then we will see who is laughing!

Try thinking about it from their eyes, especially after loosing the series so decisively

It was a mistake!

Remember Guddy don't fight unless he's challenged. Watson on the other hand could take a run at one of our guys. That being said we don't play them for awhile, hopefully tempers cool by then. 

I feel bad for Ottawa they got like some bad luck on that team. They're going to be really good in 3 or 4 years if Melnyk doesn't blow it up too soon. 

• Cheers 2

57 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Wasn’t there some article criticizing Benning when he signed Chatfield and Mac saying they were wasted contracts. I remember something like that 

57 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Wasn’t there some article criticizing Benning when he signed Chatfield and Mac saying they were wasted contracts. I remember something like that 

Both guys are have been ideal signings. Neither were drafted. Both bought into a selfless team first system in Utica which is what was asked of them. They consistently contributed and improved over time. I have been high on MacEwan from when he was first signed. Chatfield has really caught me by surprise. From what I have seen the past couple games he reminds me a bit of Chirs Tanev in the way he plays accept more physical. If we can get that from him its another home run for Benning! 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

It was a sweep! 

And we're at .500. Hoping this is the start of a good run of games. 

Only for us to face Winnipeg. For whatever reason, we have never done well against the Jets. I don't know what it is about Winnipeg that we just has never done well. 

Hoping that changes, obviously. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, sassbs said:

Wait wait... so when a helmet comes off the fight is over????   Isn’t it more dangerous to fight with a helmet on?  Smashing your fist against a visor or Helmet can’t feel good ...

Yeah, I didn’t get that all. Must be the new concussion rules.

3 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Wait wait... so when a helmet comes off the fight is over????   Isn’t it more dangerous to fight with a helmet on?  Smashing your fist against a visor or Helmet can’t feel good ...

most likely concerned about them falling backwards and smashing the back of there dome on the ice, but since when did they start doing that, dont think thats happened often, maybe the kane and cooke fight.

• Wat 1