The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 28 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

not sure if your joking lol, but nah he didnt.

I wasn't able to watch the game tonight. Had work. 

So he was a healthy scratch? 

Was he playing that poorly before? Did Gaudette play? How did he do? 

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

guads had an alright game didnt standout alot but still did solid, virt wasnt even noticable most nights, was really rooting for him to come strong this season.
EDIT: game was really good though, Big Mac and tkachuk went at it, not sure if they'll put it in the highlights

Edited by TNucks1

I don't want to jinx anything, no way ding dang it, but Brock Boeser  would appear to be having one heck of a season.  He is instinctively making the smart plays.  Reading the power play better then I've seen him do to date.  He predicts the open areas and gets to them.  Knows where his mates are without giving it up to the opposition  allowing for the pass that wasn't covered.  You know he's doing something right when he's got enough time to have a coffee with the opposition goalie before he puts one by him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

59 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I have another take on this, you guys might want to consider

#1..........Tkachuks hit was legal

then he gets a cross check

Then big McEwen takes him  on

#2..........Next time we play Ottawa

and someone hits a Ottawa player

then big GUD, who did not react

comes over and beats the crap out of 

Miller, Horvat, Boeser.............you know a star player that wasn't really doing anything

Then we will hear people on here crying!

#3...............It was wrong, and Gaudette started it (had to edit)

and McEwen, could have just went in there and tied him up

#4...............I think it was a mistake, and you guys remember Pay Back is a Bitch!

Then we will see who is laughing!

Try thinking about it from their eyes, especially after loosing the series so decisively

It was a mistake!

Players react to clean hits all the time. It was close to a blind side but it wasn’t. I didn’t mind this at all. It’s better to push back a bit that it’s not cool to take a questionable hit. The alternative is second guessing and doing nothing.

It was fairly harmless little brawl, they don’t play again till mid March. I expect nothing to come of it 

• Cheers 3

Just a couple thoughts 

Pettersson's hesitation to shoot is at the very least keeping the other team guessing.  He's not predictable 

Nate schmidt is everything I had hoped he'd be

Hoglander Motte and Podkolzin on the same team will make the board battles impossible and infuriating for anyone unlucky enough to go up against them.  Having one of them is lucky.  Three is just unfair ;)  Hoglander processes the game at warp speed. 

Goaltending is a strength,  not just "decent ".

Pettersson would shoot more with Boeser on a different line.

Benn is underrated 

Chatfield might end up being a home run . For a player that didn't even get drafted , pretty incredible. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Just a couple thoughts 

Pettersson's hesitation to shoot is at the very least keeping the other team guessing.  He's not predictable 

Hoglander Motte and Podkolzin on the same team will make the board battles impossible and infuriating for anyone unlucky enough to go up against them.  

Benn is underrated 

Chatfield might end up being a home run . For a player that didn't even get drafted , pretty incredible. 

cant wait for Podz to get over here

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Gaudette was ok, you can tell playing wing was a bit awkward, but at the very least he was engaged in the game. I still think he's a better option than Jake for the sole purpose that he can take draws if Sutter gets waved off, and he can centre the 2nd PP.

He just got an assist by my gawd, the "relentless" Hoglander had himself a game today. Just an absolute buzzsaw in the backcheck and made plays on both ends, even had him briefly on the PK and looked good. Safe to say, he's not only a roster player now, Hogs is part of the core. The guy is all effort up and down the ice. Green must be just jumping for joy for this kid, he plays EXACTLY how he wants, not just as a rookie but an NHLer in general

• Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Just a couple thoughts 

Hoglander Motte and Podkolzin on the same team will make the board battles impossible and infuriating for anyone unlucky enough to go up against them.  

Benn is underrated 

Thats one hell of a line. I wonder if they will revert Motte back to C. Im not ready to give up on Juolevi yet, but i agree Chatfield has been pretty good

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNucks1 said:

most likely concerned about them falling backwards and smashing the back of there dome on the ice, but since when did they start doing that, dont think thats happened often, maybe the kane and cooke fight.

I feel like a linesmen will get punched if they interfere

If anyone is excited about tonight, they need to calm their horses. It’s nice that all our lines seem to have found some confidence while scoring. Let’s not be fooled about the fact that this teams two way play is horrible. Yes we outscored OTTAWA!!!! But In every damn

game we got outshot. We play anyone else in the north division with that effort and we lose. Or maybe scrape out with a few wins in the last six.

44 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Just a couple thoughts 

Hoglander Motte and Podkolzin on the same team will make the board battles impossible and infuriating for anyone unlucky enough to go up against them.  Having one of them is lucky.  Three is just unfair ;)  Hoglander processes the game at warp speed. 

Benn is underrated 

You think there's room for both Juolevi and Chatfield? 

17 minutes ago, linden17 said:

If anyone is excited about tonight, they need to calm their horses. It’s nice that all our lines seem to have found some confidence while scoring. Let’s not be fooled about the fact that this teams two way play is horrible. Yes we outscored OTTAWA!!!! But In every damn

game we got outshot. We play anyone else in the north division with that effort and we lose. Or maybe scrape out with a few wins in the last six.

yup im stoked about the wins, its just what the boys needed to get there confidence up and getter going, we'll see on saturday how they do against a tougher team, so im gunna be be happy untill saturdays performance, seems like the lines are starting to click alot better, also benn and hughes look great atm.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

I’m not forgetting the dumba for boeser threads 

Embarssing that some fans even entertained the idea. 

A healthy Boeser is a Boeser that needs to remain in blue and green. 

Dumba can stay in Minny. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1