The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 28 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Would anyone know how to access the Sportsnet 650 post game show after it's over? The link used to be on the 650 website but hasn't for the past couple of games.

think the province on YT or even the canucks post them on there video section on the main page. VC posted them in here, but not sure the pages

50 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Embarssing that some fans even entertained the idea. 

A healthy Boeser is a Boeser that needs to remain in blue and green. 

Dumba can stay in Minny. 

Dumba is a 50 pt d-man that shoots right. That's a rare commodity and if Vancouver's weakness is in defense. Dumba would be a good fit for Vancouver I think. Is it worth giving up Boeser? Well .. Es kommt darauf an!  

Edited by iinatcc

7 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Dumba is a 50 pt d-man that shoots right. That's a rare commodity and if Vancouver's weakness is in defense. Dumba would be a good fit for Vancouver I think. Is it worth giving up Boeser? Well .. Es kommt darauf an!  

It's usually quite expensive to bring players like Dumba, who are 50 point RHD. 

I don't think Dumba is worth Boeser. 

If there's a possible Dumba player that the Canucks could draft, it would be this upcoming draft, where defenseman are supposed to be quite deep in this coming draft. I would be shocked if Benning, assuming he's still the GM come the draft, doesn't go all in with regards to defensemen. If anything, he should be coming out of the draft with several defensemen. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

You think there's room for both Juolevi and Chatfield? 

Not right now.

With Benn playing good and Chatfield being a RD they could switch Schmidt to LD. Schmidt's been better the last few games while playing the left side even though it was vs the Sens.

Overall the synergy is good and works if Benn continues to play good. Don't know when Hamonic will be back either.

OJ will get in eventually. Remember he had load management too last year.

Nice to have young depth. Gonna need it for the years to follow.

12 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Well you could argue that is the same for Boeser after his rookie season. Younger players usually have a down year or two so that's normal. 

he's 26 and brocks 23, brocks been pretty consistent through the games played and point wise, dumba not so much, not to mention he joined us during our dark ages and were finally getting better.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

I don't usually comment on people's appearances but good lord that is one ugly dude.

And he's the good looking one ... laughed so hard when i saw their Dad at OJs draft (Keith used to come into camp 20-30 points overweight ... looks like he ate that guy and now his superpower is the ability to do up the neck buttons of his shirts)  ...  Captain America looks like ...watermelon hippo GIF

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, linden17 said:

If anyone is excited about tonight, they need to calm their horses. It’s nice that all our lines seem to have found some confidence while scoring. Let’s not be fooled about the fact that this teams two way play is horrible. Yes we outscored OTTAWA!!!! But In every damn

game we got outshot. We play anyone else in the north division with that effort and we lose. Or maybe scrape out with a few wins in the last six.

Lol.   Why can't we enjoy the win(s)?   Nobody is saying we are on the way to a cup....i think.   Getting outshot for five years now, the difference now or the last season, playoffs and this year, is a lot of shots are to the outside...also maybe give OTT a little more credit,  they tried like heck at times - especially period one game two,  not to lose all three games.   Won't bother looking into it - but as far as quality scoring chances go that's what we need to limit, the easy ones help out counterattack, get the goalie(s) into the game, and help us regain possession ....

as far as entertainment value, i will take a 5-4 game anyday over a 2-1 40 shot overall affair.     Pretty sure the team knows what they have to do to win.   We don't have the troops yet to contend, I for one am going to enjoy the process.   Naslund and the Sedin teams were much older then EP, QHs ... Miller's age plus when they did their most damage, the fact only Linden and Bure came in and had a bigger impact for sure gives me hope at least. 

QHs is an adventure that comes at a price.   Leading the league as a sophomore D is something this team has never had .... worth it.... and it's looking like Benn could be the best match for his style now that Tanev is gone....WCE era/Crawford coached was also a run and gun style, for the era anyways...I expect things will tighten up over time to a degree as the team matures - and once we add a primo minute munching defensive defenseman in the same vein as Mitchell, or before him Murzyn.   We don't have that yet.    Maybe Tree - maybe someone else.   Maybe OJ even minus the physicality...that will only help us. 

Edit:  Also want to add - we won't waste assets trading for another solid young RHD just to have expose another D... the D won't get sorted until after the ED at the earliest. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, linden17 said:

If anyone is excited about tonight, they need to calm their horses. It’s nice that all our lines seem to have found some confidence while scoring. Let’s not be fooled about the fact that this teams two way play is horrible. Yes we outscored OTTAWA!!!! But In every damn

game we got outshot. We play anyone else in the north division with that effort and we lose. Or maybe scrape out with a few wins in the last six.

36CBD144-AD70-4022-B67B-BC4A73B26540.webp

4 hours ago, linden17 said:

I will not calm down. I am excited by this team. I was disappointed that they looked slow and uninspired to start the season. Now that they are skating harder and making quicker decisions and making better plays, they look like the team from last year's playoffs that beat the Wild and the previous SC Champs in the Blues. The young core is another year developed. Why would I be calm lol? 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1