The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calgary Flames: Player only meeting

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Chanmanx007 said:

Calgary hold an emergency player meeting to figure out whats wrong

You guys think Vancoucer has it tough, Calgary now reviewing and reflecting on the new additions of players. Terrible start to the season for a team many predicted would be kings of the division. 

You gotta feel for the fans in Calgary and Ottawa right now with the type of effort and attitude their teams have, ironically both teams are led by siblings from a single family called Tkachuks.

Well, that's the problem isn't it. 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Blaming poor performance on new players signed haha, that's hilarious. Especially when they werent even good last season. 

Where did you see that.  Were there quotes in the media?   The article linked in OP questions the team effort but I don’t see where it questions the signings.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

They've played the least amount of games in the division.

Only 1 win under 500.

Not really time to panic yet for them.

yeah, they've gt a tough start to the schedule, but should hot easier waters later in Feb

13 hours ago, Trebreh said:

cowgary were boasting that they had the most depth in the division because they signed a bunch of fringe nhlers (simon/nordstrom/leivo) but failed to adress their top 6 issue lol. 

the Lames were extremely lucky to have played the Canucks early while we were still in preseason mode. I hope we light up Markstrom next time. 

Holtby's got as many points as Leivo and Tanev. stupid cowgary.

we would be wise to not let Ottawa go to our heads.........I think those would have been ugly games the other way against any other team in the division

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mll said:

Where did you see that.  Were there quotes in the media?   The article linked in OP questions the team effort but I don’t see where it questions the signings.  

Nobody, media or otherwise are blaming the new players on the team's poor record.  The confusing title of the OP was misleading.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, butters said:

anyone participating in sniping at other teams fan bases is pathetic. You are just the same as them. 

I'm not living in an absolute dump of a city cheering for a team full of gutless cowards.  Flames fans would be ashamed of their worthless team if they had any self respect left.

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Nobody, media or otherwise are blaming the new players on the team's poor record.  The confusing title of the OP was misleading.

I'm starting to wonder if the troll factor was strong here.

2 hours ago, butters said:

anyone participating in sniping at other teams fan bases is pathetic. You are just the same as them. 

Hate to break it to you....all teams have fans that trash talk.  It's all in fun and those taking it too seriously are the problem, not the ones engaging in it.

We are just the same, you're right.  And you'd be hard pressed to find a team that doesn't have "sniping" at other teams' fans.  Happens.  I'd say we take more than a lot of other teams as a matter of fact - we take it and we dish it.  

if you are personally embarrassed offended by it then you take it too seriously

• Like 2
  • Hydration 2

@Chanmanx007

Could you maybe return to elaborate on this?  The fact that it said nothing about "disappointing signings"??  

As a matter of fact, it states a few things that make me think you made that up?  Why?

“We’d like to keep it in the room.”

Not sure how you got access?

Also:

Chris Tanev and Noah Hanifin have yet to allow a five-on-five goal and their star goaltender is playing as advertised

So please come back to clarify where we can find this:

Calgary now reviewing and reflecting on the new additions of players

22 hours ago, Chanmanx007 said:

You guys think Vancoucer has it tough, Calgary now reviewing and reflecting on the new additions of players. Terrible start to the season for a team many predicted would be kings of the division. 

You gotta feel for the fans in Calgary and Ottawa right now with the type of effort and attitude their teams have, ironically both teams are led by siblings from a single family called Tkachuks.

While I feel a little bad for Ottawa, I don't feel anything at all for Calgary.     

Flames fans wore Bruins jerseys to bars in Calgary when the Bruins defeated the Canucks in 2011.     Let that sink in for a second.

Still feel sorry for Flames fans?    Think they'd feel sorry for us if the situations was reversed?

22 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

They haven't even played Ottawa yet. They might go 3-0 against them too and then they'll be fine. 

Sad but true.  

The Senators very much look like the village bike in our division right now.   Everyone gets a ride and feels better afterwards.  

21 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Nope, don't care.  Actually makes me happy because they're the enemy!  Them doing poorly puts us in a better spot and that's where my interests lie.

I don't hate Ottawa so I can muster up a slight bit of empathy there but then I see a Tkachuk and it quickly fades away.  

No other fans in Canada give a rat's behind about our team...they actually cheer against us.  So I care 0/10 if they're struggling.

In 2011, it was really only Alberta and Toronto that were cheering against us.   The rest of Canada were with us for the most part.   

On 1/29/2021 at 4:46 PM, Chanmanx007 said:

What’s this Vancoucer place that you speak of?