Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, spur1 said:

It’s complicated, it takes time to perfect. It will get stronger as the season progresses. 

i hope so, i think sometimes there out there tryna be too fancy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a small random thought

 

There is some talk tonite about OJ vs JC

 

And I thought Chatfield played a great game

 

But Edler is here 1 maybe 2 more seasons

 

And there is decline in Edlers game, albeit small

 

but it is decline, never the less

 

So, I think it is damned important to develop OJ and get those reps in

 

I am not saying, he needs every game or anything, but we need him in, just much as JC

 

Just saying!

  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TNucks1 said:

i hope so, i think sometimes there out there tryna be too fancy.

That’s the idea some of the time. Fancy goals count too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Just a small random thought

 

There is some talk tonite about OJ vs JC

 

And I thought Chatfield played a great game

 

But Edler is here 1 maybe 2 more seasons

 

And there is decline in Edlers game, albeit small

 

but it is decline, never the less

 

So, I think it is damned important to develop OJ and get those reps in

 

I am not saying, he needs every game or anything, but we need him in, just much as JC

 

Just saying!

Ya Benn might need a maintenance day. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

If you think about it, he is getting the dream job of every Canucks fan. Gets paid $6 million a year, travels and practices with the team, exclusive access to the team's locker room and various forms of resources, gets to sit in press-box suites to watch every Canucks game live. The man is living every Canucks fan's dream life!

There is always one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Just a small random thought

 

There is some talk tonite about OJ vs JC

 

And I thought Chatfield played a great game

 

But Edler is here 1 maybe 2 more seasons

 

And there is decline in Edlers game, albeit small

 

but it is decline, never the less

 

So, I think it is damned important to develop OJ and get those reps in

 

I am not saying, he needs every game or anything, but we need him in, just much as JC

 

Just saying!

What oj really needs to improve on his skating , that is where chatfield blows him out the water right now . OJ need to improve his skating ,quickness , lateral movement and mobility , all which can definitely be improved on.

  • Huggy Bear 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RomanP said:

So, we are not firing coaches anymore? Lol

A week ago my fire Green bandwagon was sold out but seems a lot have jumped ship but I do have faith, month two is upon us, typically not our best month so I’m hopeful but sadly every time Green is standing on the edge of the abyss the teams does just enough to keep him from falling off. 
 

No cup for us for 2-4 years after Green is gone, the longer it takes to fire Green the longer we go without a cup but if he stays for more than another 2-3 years our current core will be past its prime and then who knows but what the heck, what’s another 50 years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

What oj really needs to improve on his skating , that is where chatfield blows him out the water right now . OJ need to improve his skating ,quickness , lateral movement and mobility , all which can definitely be improved on.

Oj is a plus 2 in 7 games, JC is a plus 1 in 5 games................both having sheltered minutes

and although you are right about Chatfield being a better skater than OJ

You have to have a succession plan for Edler....,,,,,,,you have to!

It is not about OJ vs JC

It is about getting OJ ready

I have no problem with platooning, but these guys need ice time

Unless Benning does not plan on using him

But god help us if Hughes or edler go down and we do not have someone ready

And just to point out something......OJ has not played bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

A week ago my fire Green bandwagon was sold out but seems a lot have jumped ship but I do have faith, month two is upon us, typically not our best month so I’m hopeful but sadly every time Green is standing on the edge of the abyss the teams does just enough to keep him from falling off. 
 

No cup for us for 2-4 years after Green is gone, the longer it takes to fire Green the longer we go without a cup but if he stays for more than another 2-3 years our current core will be past its prime and then who knows but what the heck, what’s another 50 years?

This is why we need the Wut emote back. Mods have forsaken us :frantic:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Looks like it was a confidence issue. A win vs MTL would go a long way.

 

We are a better team than when we first faced them.

 

It'll be a good test.

The Habs went from the 24th overall team to the #1 most overrated imo. I expected them to be ahead of other team's to start based on the fact they play a grinding game with not a lot of skill. TT has had 1 goal not against us.  I hope we beat them down on Monday and shut up the most arrogant fanbase in Hockey.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

A week ago my fire Green bandwagon was sold out but seems a lot have jumped ship but I do have faith, month two is upon us, typically not our best month so I’m hopeful but sadly every time Green is standing on the edge of the abyss the teams does just enough to keep him from falling off. 
 

No cup for us for 2-4 years after Green is gone, the longer it takes to fire Green the longer we go without a cup but if he stays for more than another 2-3 years our current core will be past its prime and then who knows but what the heck, what’s another 50 years?


RE-SIGN GREEN!

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 winning streak!  Congrts to the team.

 

Hog is not a big guy, but plays smart.

Boeser was outstanding tonight.

Demko was back to the level of the playoff last season.

Hope MacEven's score would gain him confidence.

Hughes with Benn shown quite successful.

Very happy with Chatfield, he might be the next Edler.

 

Canucks keep fast, passes, moves and shots, would extend the winning streak longer and longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dirtman said:

This is why we need the Wut emote back. Mods have forsaken us :frantic:

Just like AV, Green is not a playoff coach, we’re just wasting our talent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

A week ago my fire Green bandwagon was sold out but seems a lot have jumped ship but I do have faith, month two is upon us, typically not our best month so I’m hopeful but sadly every time Green is standing on the edge of the abyss the teams does just enough to keep him from falling off. 
 

No cup for us for 2-4 years after Green is gone, the longer it takes to fire Green the longer we go without a cup but if he stays for more than another 2-3 years our current core will be past its prime and then who knows but what the heck, what’s another 50 years?

Wow...are you ever a bright light. :sadno: Careful with that abyss. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, spur1 said:

Wow...are you ever a bright light. :sadno: Careful with that abyss. 

I love our team, hate our coach, I want a Cup, after 50 years mediocrity is not enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...