The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Canucks are 1-14-0 in their last 15 games against the Jets. The last time we won was on Dec. 20, 2016.

I was gonna say - I'm never confident against the Jets. Now I can see why.

I'm sure our struggles against the Jets are well known in the room. IF we beat them, it should give us a big boost that this team is indeed on the right track. 3 out of 3 against Ottawa (while great - especially considering the convincing fashion) isn't really enough to have me convinced.

1 hour ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

The time to win against jets is now.

put Jake back in for this one. We need big heavy bodies.

big heavy bodies only help if they don't actively avoid contact. 

jake plays like he's johnny gaudreau size. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

It's a stupid idea to let the first unit PP be on ice for the entire 2 mins of PP. These guys don't play with urgency as they think there's always lots of PP time left. All they do most of the time is to keep passing the pucks and not putting pucks on net to score. They don't create too many scoring chances even with 5 on 3s. Their cross ice passes are so predictable that they are easy to block to create turnovers, which give the PK shorthanded breakaways game after game. If this happens in the 2nd min of PP, Hughes and the entire unit will out of gas to chase. The idiot PP coach will eventually give the 2nd unit more time to play, may be only after the 1st unit PP gives up many more shorthanded goals.

• Wat 1

12 minutes ago, afan said:

It's a stupid idea to let the first unit PP be on ice for the entire 2 mins of PP. These guys don't play with urgency as they think there's always lots of PP time left. All they do most of the time is to keep passing the pucks and not putting pucks on net to score. They don't create too many scoring chances even with 5 on 3s. Their cross ice passes are so predictable that they are easy to block to create turnovers, which give the PK shorthanded breakaways game after game. If this happens in the 2nd min of PP, Hughes and the entire unit will out of gas to chase. The idiot PP coach will eventually give the 2nd unit more time to play, may be only after the 1st unit PP gives up many more shorthanded goals.

I think it was done to help them find chemistry and to get going. In the third Ott game, we saw Green start putting the 2nd unit out there. 

Jets are barley the same team they use to be, so i have a good feeling we can pull it off, no laine or PLD for now too, but they are doing hot lets hope the boys are fired up after those ottawa games, curious whos in net for us tomorrow.