The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

I think there not being fans in the building will probably help us. That and no patches scraggly beard. Lived in Winnipeg for two years. Garbage city full of (edit- the best people in Canada, apologies for the offence folks, distasteful joke). Canucks will win :frantic::canucks:

Edited by You Mad Bro?
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

This game will tell us whether we are a contender in the North 

As close to a “test” game as you can get 

Yup. WPG's a good offensive team. And with the way our defense has played, it'll be on our top guys to hang with their top guys.

As much as it's a test we also really need this win. Gotta have a winning record on this road trip & MTL will be tough to beat.

We matchup terribly against the Canadian teams for some reason but have been dreadful against Winnipeg. Big test.

I'm not expecting a win but just hope we play tight defensively, don't give up 3 breakaways and have an alright special teams performance.

If Demko starts there's always a chance he could steal the game though. Let's just make sure we don't get demolished the way the Habs ruined us. 

Big chance to make a statement but I don't think we're there yet.

33 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Yup. WPG's a good offensive team. And with the way our defense has played, it'll be on our top guys to hang with their top guys.

As much as it's a test we also really need this win. Gotta have a winning record on this road trip & MTL will be tough to beat.

Winnipeg will right there as a team we will fight for the 4th spot 

and yes starting the road trip with a win would be big 

need to solve our beating Winnipeg issues 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, tas said:

big heavy bodies only help if they don't actively avoid contact. 

jake plays like he's johnny gaudreau size. 

Jake is 5th on the team with hits. Not saying he can't do more, I'd love to see him wreck guys every shift but saying he doesn't hit is not accurate. 

Jake is also a +1 compared to gauds being -5 with as many points, so I am in favour of Jake slotting in tonight for gauds. 

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, Law of Goalies said:

If you watched the games this season, you wouldn't make this comment. 

I don't think the comment was based on his bodycheck totals as Jake has thrown his share of bodychecks this year. What I think the original post alludes to is Jake doesn't win enough, or initiate enough puck battles. He should be way more difficult to play against. Both physically and using his speed. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Yip. Exactly along the comments I just made. Bottom line is Motte is difficult to play against, Jake so far isn't.

the kid just doesn't like to get his hands dirty or any marks on his pretty boy face. he seems to be a coward, his bark far worse than his bite. he belongs in switzerland. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FaninMex said:

I do not think so. I think it was to keep Gaudette in game shape. He needs his looks to stay game ready.

I am not very happy with Gaudette's play of late. 

Virt - Sutter - Mac have been much more effective together.

Agreed that line was solid and playing well in both ends, just cuz Jake was scoring doesn’t mean he wasn’t making good plays, people need to lower expectations for the kid. Him and Zak looked good rolling in heavy down the boards. Created space for Sutter 

• Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, rekker said:

I don't think the comment was based on his bodycheck totals as Jake has thrown his share of bodychecks this year. What I think the original post alludes to is Jake doesn't win enough, or initiate enough puck battles. He should be way more difficult to play against. Both physically and using his speed. 

Unfortunately Jake has been a 6th OA bust. A fringe NHL’er at best. He will be in and out of the lineup here on. He is no longer a prospect and needs to be treated as what he is. A marginal bottom 6 player who had all the opportunities to be otherwise but couldn’t do it.

Too many folks still clinging on to his draft position. To those is I say it’s ok, it happens to every team! Time to move on about this...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Jets are a good puck possession team with outside speed. Their forward group is just as good as Van even without Dubois. Van’s advantage is the Jet d-core is not as strong. That might be a leap considering Van has allowed 40 shots a game. My hope is that the group is settling down and will tighten up. Van bottom 6 have been playing well and will have to deliver again for a win. Jets will be rested. A win would be huge going into 5 games against the Habs and Laffers.

Watching SN makes me want to puke. Fawning bunch of sycophants as they stroke the Laffers money tree.

• Haha 1