The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

34 minutes ago, Mbnuckfan said:

As a Winnipegger I understand there are things about our city that are not desirable, But I find it offensive to read a blanket statement saying that its full of garbage people. In turn I would not say Vancouver is full of garbage people based on what i've seen on say east hastings.

27 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Whoa Bro

Garbage people?? 

Bit of trash talking on a game forum is all. Obviously it’s not true. Actually the people were one of the reasons I lasted two years there. Cheers fellas 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes i know - unlike Hansen he's a sixth overall which is my point exactly.   If he wasn't we'd be singing his praises.  And you kind of proved my point on Hansen - even the suggestion JV could end up with a similar career rubs folks the wrong way - the reverence and all.    JVs already outproduced all but one of his seasons - and that one was by two whole points and when he spent time with the Sedins ...

I bet this will probably be Virtanens last season in Vancouver 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

As for Jake....coach Green feels he hasn't quite found his game yet and needs to put more work in.  I've been a big Jake supporter (still am) but it's obvious why patience is wearing a little thin over time.  The fact that coach Green says "put more work in and practice more" means he likely isn't.  But should be if he's serious about it all.  If the other guys are so invested.

Virtanen had just one point in the Canucks’ first nine games, a goal that caromed off an opponent in Calgary, while averaging 11:57 of ice time, 11th among 12 Vancouver forwards. He had 14 shots on net and high-danger scoring chances were 20-9 against the Canucks when Virtanen was on the ice five-on-five.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/rediscovering-identity-canucks-get-true-test-progress-vs-jets/

Yep.   JVs career as Canuck is on the line.   But i'm sure it's far from over. 

• Vintage 1

I figure will be in a battle with the Jets and Oilers for the 4th seed at the end of the year. This is a huge game.  Rolling Ottawa doesn't mean much if we can't beat the teams we are really competing with.  

6 game trip, 6 points has to be the goal.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

No, i was a huge fan of his, the last 3 years has drained me of that.

Go Canucks go 

I do not remember that but sure I will take your word for it.

However, all these guys coming on here blabbing about Jake and only Jake are trolls. 

Ok. Let's say for a moment that Jake is as bad as everyone says. Who do you play Jake or Gaudette? You play Jake. He has better chemistry with Sutter and Mac. He has covered for D. He lays hits behind the play. 

They are hypocrites because Gaudette almost never hits. Has been involved in one defensive play that I can remember. Floats when the puck is in the neutral zone and is utterly lost in the D-zone.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

I figure will be in a battle with the Jets and Oilers for the 4th seed at the end of the year. This is a huge game.  Rolling Ottawa doesn't mean much if we can't beat the teams we are really competing with.  

6 game trip, 6 points has to be the goal.

Yep.   8 plus would put us in the picture for sure.   We have to be .600 or so against WNP, EDM and CAL to make the show ...

Just now, IBatch said:

That's definitely a possibility.   What odds would you give it? 

70-30 he’s gone if he continues to play himself out of the lineup. Started in the top 6, demoted to the bottom 6, healthy scratched. Travis Green continues to harp on Jake to the media about his lack of consistency and effort level. If nothing changes which I doubt will because he has shown nothing to indicate he’s going to change he won’t be long for Vancouver. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Pickly said:

70-30 he’s gone if he continues to play himself out of the lineup. Started in the top 6, demoted to the bottom 6, healthy scratched. Travis Green continues to harp on Jake to the media about his lack of consistency and effort level. If nothing changes which I doubt will because he has shown nothing to indicate he’s going to change he won’t be long for Vancouver. 

I'd say 50/50... but i'm sure he's getting another deal somewhere else and before his career is over it will be closer to 500 games then 400... 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I do not remember that but sure I will take your word for it.

However, all these guys coming on here blabbing about Jake and only Jake are trolls. 

Ok. Let's say for a moment that Jake is as bad as everyone says. Who do you play Jake or Gaudette? You play Jake. He has better chemistry with Sutter and Mac. He has covered for D. He lays hits behind the play. 

They are hypocrites because Gaudette almost never hits. Has been involved in one defensive play that I can remember. Floats when the puck is in the neutral zone and is utterly lost in the D-zone.

My issue with Jake isn’t necessarily just the results- he produces some reasonably solid counting stats and decent enough fancy stats most of the time- so much as it is the effort. You know there’s just so much more he could be giving. You almost never see him with his chin overtop of a loose puck, battling for it and coming away. He just doesn’t have that kind of motor and I don’t feel he’s a player you’ll win much with. 

The guy showed up to camp in underwhelming shape twice in the same year and it was what, maybe his fourth or fifth year of pro hockey? There’s absolutely no excusing that and quite frankly I don’t think he’s ever going to “get it” if he hasn’t yet, at least not in Vancouver. 

Edited by Sean Monahan
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

My issue with Jake isn’t necessarily just the results- he produces some reasonably solid counting stats and decent enough fancy stats most of the time- so much as it is the effort. You know there’s just so much more he could be giving. You almost never see him with his chin overtop of a loose puck, battling for it and coming away. He just doesn’t have that kind of motor and I don’t feel he’s a player you’ll win much with. 

I just watch games. I do not look at stats.