The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Quinn Hughes on top 

F4332177-C5AE-493D-B29E-7C48D37FBE43.png

I think we see that top 3 for a number of years. I think Hughes, Carlsson and Makar are the clear best offensive D in the league.  I think Makar is going to win multiple Norris trophies, maybe as soon as this year.

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I think we see that top 3 for a number of years. I think Hughes, Carlsson and Makar are the clear best offensive D in the league.  I think Makar is going to win multiple Norris trophies, maybe as soon as this year.

and why not Hughes?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

The point of draft position is that it illustrates just how piss poor Jake’s compete level is. 

No, it is something that trolls never forget so they have something to always bring up. 

Lots of first round draft picks do not even make it to the show. Why cry that ours is on the 3rd line?

Draft position is a lot GM's hopes and prayers.

1 minute ago, bree2 said:

and why not Hughes?

Makar is a far better defensive D at this stage.  I think point titals will be similar, but Makar's Defense ability puts him ahead right now.  

As great as Hughes has been offensively this year, he has struggled pretty badly defensively.  That will come in time, but is not there just yet, Makar is pretty far ahead in that regard right now.

• Cheers 1

Just now, BCNate said:

Makar is a far better defensive D at this stage.  I think point titals will be similar, but Makar's Defense ability puts him ahead right now.  

As great as Hughes has been offensively this year, he has struggled pretty badly defensively.  That will come in time, but is not there just yet, Makar is pretty far ahead in that regard right now.

sorry but i disagree, Makar has the benefit of playing  with McKinnon,  take that away from him and he is not so great!

7 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I don't agree.  At all...I've seen some really bad, timely turnovers by Makar.  I'd rate them pretty even overall but our d has struggled, badly, as a unit and that makes it more glaring for Quinn.  

12 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

No, it is something that trolls never forget so they have something to always bring up. 

Lots of first round draft picks do not even make it to the show. Why cry that ours is on the 3rd line?

Draft position is a lot GM's hopes and prayers.

But ask yourself WHY Macewan has passed Jake on the depth chart. It’s not because of god given gifts and abilities. 

First overall or undrafted, it doesn’t matter, it’s entirely reasonable as fans to expect Jake to bust his ass. Why should I be happy that Jake is a marginal third liner because that’s what other top 10 picks do? I’m unhappy with it because he’s obviously capable of more. 

Edited by Sean Monahan
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, bree2 said:

sorry but i disagree, Makar has the benefit of playing  with McKinnon,  take that away from him and he is not so great!

I mean, it's not like Hughes doesn't have some pretty OK offensive players to work with.  Pretty sure we have 4 of the top 20 right now.

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

I mean, it's not like Hughes doesn't have some pretty OK offensive players to work with.  Pretty sure we have 4 of the top 20 right now.

on the powerplay yes, but Hughes plays on other lines  on regular play, Makar doesn't