The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank you Aquilini Family

Rate this topic

fanfor42

Keith Olbermann in a youtube rant says he is the leagues WORSE owner. Google it and see. And I agree with him, he is the leagues worse owner. Micromanages the team. Linden couldn't put up with their act. Only interested in a full house arena and making $. Yes they spend $ but they don't listen to their fan base for any requests. Sorry, not sold! We'd have been better off imho had Gaglardi and Beetie the Stars current owners had bought the team at the time. They at least are in tune and listen to the Dallas fan base. Keep on dreaming about getting one of these pictured below. Not gonna happen with this ownership!

giphy (13).gif

IMG_0644.JPG

giphy (11).gif

IMG_0650.JPG

Edited by vancouverbucsfan
more content
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

they take a lot of flack, especially we really don't know what happens behind closed doors, add to the fact, even though they are rich, they too, to some extent have been hit with problems because of covid 19.  all the wishes to them. 

interesting the father has a set of hair, but 2 sons, are bald. 

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

they take a lot of flack, especially we really don't know what happens behind closed doors, add to the fact, even though they are rich, they too, to some extent have been hit with problems because of covid 19.  all the wishes to them. 

interesting the father has a set of hair, but 2 sons, are bald

Genetics for hair loss is usually from the mother's side (maternal grandfather).

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Keith Olbermann in a youtube rant says he is the leagues WORSE owner. Google it and see. And I agree with him, he is the leagues worse owner. Micromanages the team. Linden couldn't put up with their act. Only interested in a full house arena and making $. Yes they spend $ but they don't listen to their fan base for any requests. Sorry, not sold! We'd have been better off imho had Gaglardi and Beetie the Stars current owners had bought the team at the time. They at least are in tune and listen to the Dallas fan base. Keep on dreaming about getting one of these pictured below. Not gonna happen with this ownership!

giphy (13).gif

IMG_0644.JPG

giphy (11).gif

IMG_0650.JPG

Hahah wasnt it the Stars owner that publicly called out Benn & Seguin last year? Is that not meddling with the team?

I'm pretty sure all owners 'meddle' to some degree.

22 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

giphy (13).gif

IMG_0644.JPG

giphy (11).gif

IMG_0650.JPG

I’m sorry, but listening to the fan base is the height of stupidity. GMs, sure. Coaches and Scouts, okay. But fans? Why in the world would they do that? I get that most of their revenue comes from the fans, but the fans also know next to nothing about running an NHL team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

Hahah wasnt it the Stars owner that publicly called out Benn & Seguin last year? Is that not meddling with the team?

I'm pretty sure all owners 'meddle' to some degree.

Yes and what did Dallas end up doing if you recall last season? After their owner publicly called two of his best players out that he felt were underperforming? Oh yea, that's right they made it to the Stanley Cup final and lost in six hard fought games to the eventual champion Tampa Bay Lightning right?

more content

33 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I’m sorry, but listening to the fan base is the height of stupidity. GMs, sure. Coaches and Scouts, okay. But fans? Why in the world would they do that? I get that most of their revenue comes from the fans, but the fans also know next to nothing about running an NHL team.

Little things in general like how about a new Johnny Canuck alternate third jersey perhaps like a lot of the fans would like to see done? Most of the fan base is divided on the team's logo and identity. How about getting it right after 50 plus seasons? We have had everything from the Oh Henry bar jersey, the spaghetti plate logo, the snickers bar jersey etc. Simple request there., get the teams logo right finally.

IMG_2240.JPG

EnAHsFpXIAAt4zv.jpg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

giphy (13).gif

IMG_0644.JPG

giphy (11).gif

IMG_0650.JPG

Keith Olbermann = Alex Jones on the left

That's awful sweet of them to do this and give us something to cheer for during these dark days of the Covid 19 Pandemic. (Much Appreciated!!!)   If they could somehow manage to ship-out LE & Lazy Jake before Trade Deadline that would be "The Cherry On The Cake" for me and I'd be forever in debt to them and maybe even name my first born after Francesco or possibly go so far to tolerate another year with Covid 21.

6 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

Keith Olbermann = Alex Jones on the left

Sorry, his rant was right. They ultimately hired Torterella after not listening to Mike Gillis telling him his style of coaching and our players didn't match. Linden told them a year later after the damage was done right? And Linden wanted to do a slow gradual credible rebuild where as they wanted a quick fix to get us into the playoffs to max out on $. Luigi was like if the Bruins missed the playoffs a few years back(think what 5 years a go or so) and did a house cleaning how were they able to turn things around so quickly and go back to the finals where as we the Canucks can't?!?!