The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank you Aquilini Family

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, morgo said:

Thank you Aquilini's for not making a Johnny Canuck jersey and keeping that minor-league, cartoon-logo far away from our visual identity.  :canucks::canucks::canucks:.

yes another regional logo lover posting. The Southern Resident Killer whale is on the US endangered species list if you do some research. Not as prevalent in our waters any longer. The Ducks and Penguins logo are just as cartoon looking as well. Not saying the team needs to make a change but adding a Johnny Canuck third jersey wouldn't be too ridiculous. Lots of folks and especially the young kids like the lumberjack so it certainly wouldn't hurt the teams sales if they came up with one finally.

canucks-horvat-johnny-canuck (1).png

38 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Sorry, his rant was right. They ultimately hired Torterella after not listening to Mike Gillis telling him his style of coaching and our players didn't match. Linden told them a year later after the damage was done right? And Linden wanted to do a slow gradual credible rebuild where as they wanted a quick fix to get us into the playoffs to max out on $. Luigi was like if the Bruins missed the playoffs a few years back(think what 5 years a go or so) and did a house cleaning how were they able to turn things around so quickly and go back to the finals where as we the Canucks can't?!?!

Even Alex Jones says words that are legit sometimes. Still bat sh*t crazy. 

• Hydration 1

A branch of the B.C. government has found the billionaire Aquilini family — which own the NHL's Vancouver Canucks — underpaid 174 migrant workers at their berry farm in Pitt Meadows last summer.

The office of the Director of Employment Standards ordered the Aquilinis — reported to be among the top 30 of richest Canadian families — to repay $133,632.56 in back wages, vacation pay and interest to temporary foreign workers brought in from Guatemala to work at its Golden Eagle Blueberry Farm last summer.

The slumlords in our case are the Zen family, an Italian-Canadian clan with multiple local real estate holdings who have been riding roughshod on the city for some time now. In the 1980s, in partnership with the Aquilini family (since rehabilitated somewhat as developer-philanthropists), the Zens raised the rents so exorbitantly on their West End apartment buildings that a generation of elderly residents was forced into the street. At the time, the Zens and Aquilinis came under assault from the media, from the (now extinct) tenants' watchdog, the Rentalsman, and from the B.C. Legislature, where MLAs expressed outrage over the injustice of it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

yes another regional logo lover posting. The Southern Resident Killer whale is on the US endangered species list if you do some research. Not as prevalent in our waters any longer. The Ducks and Penguins logo are just as cartoon looking as well. Not saying the team needs to make a change but adding a Johnny Canuck third jersey wouldn't be too ridiculous. Lots of folks and especially the young kids like the lumberjack so it certainly wouldn't hurt the teams sales if they came up with one finally.

canucks-horvat-johnny-canuck (1).png

In my opinion the Johnny Canuck logo would be the equivalent to the Arizona stoned coyote/space coyote jersey they have right now as a reverse retro. It’s be fun as a goofy jersey for the players to wear a day or two, but you don’t want it on a steady use jersey.

Thanking them for losing 40m? But they are getting 33m from the NHL 1B funding and also getting their share of the 500m Seattle expansion. They are Billionaires I do NOT feel for them at all, just wait till you can attend games again...surely going to see price increases for tickets, merch etc...

I will thank them if they ditch the Orca Bay logo tho!

• Like 1
On 1/31/2021 at 2:19 AM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

that's cool unless his brothers came from different mothers.

true story I have a friend, he's bald, his brother has lots of hair, his father also has tons of hair left and he's like in his 70's. 

One of the primary genes that causes hairloss comes from the mother's side, but its not the only one. If everyone on your mom's side has an immaculate head of hair and your dad's side are all cue balls you have a very good chance of going bald.

12 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

So basically your argument is that ownership sucks because you don't like the logo?  And trying to argue that orcas are not symbolic of coastal BC is ridiculous.  They have been a symbol of this area for thousands of years.  Get over it.  

Maybe we could talk hockey instead of fashion.  Hockey is more interesting as far as I'm concerned.

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/1/2021 at 8:32 AM, nux_win said:

So basically your argument is that ownership sucks because you don't like the logo?  And trying to argue that orcas are not symbolic of coastal BC is ridiculous.  They have been a symbol of this area for thousands of years.  Get over it.  

Maybe we could talk hockey instead of fashion.  Hockey is more interesting as far as I'm concerned.

Go Canucks Go!

They could've done something DIFFERENT and new and what a lot of the fans like young kids and some of us adults would've like to have seen(A Johnny Canuck alternate third jersey perhaps?) Didn't say ownership 'sucks". Being a 'retro' jersey it could've gone back into the WHL playing days. Not at all surprised that the team went WINLESS in the new reverse retros and they didn't even score a goal on two occasions when they had a promo that they were going to be giving out free jerseys! Lol! Not putting Johnny canuck on the jersey JINXED the team! I rest my case! Later haters! LMAO! P.S. I get lots of compliments on the Johnny Canuck jersey from fellow fans while shopping at Cotsco, Walmart, etc. They tell me team should have gone with this concept!

Euo0VD1UYAA4b9y.jpg

IMG_2236.JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2239.JPG

EnAHsFpXIAAt4zv.jpg

29257655_1660871847325482_7377295024590946304_n.jpg

Eu9_qejXEAAU_mc.jpg

giphy (11).gif

On 1/31/2021 at 7:46 PM, morgo said:

Thank you Aquilini's for not making a Johnny Canuck jersey and keeping that minor-league, cartoon-logo far away from our visual identity.  :canucks::canucks::canucks:.

Nice to see the team go WINLESS in their new reverse jersey retros! Had a promotion too that the team was going to give away a free retro jersey for every goal they scored, lol! They failed to score in them! Putting the orca on the retro instead of Johnny JINXED the team! LOL! I rest my case! Later! The sprite lemon is apropriate for Benning's LEMONS in the whale reverse retros!

edler-virtanen.jpg

Euo0VD1UYAA4b9y.jpg

EvIMV38VEAcxndC.jpg

tenor (1).gif

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2240.JPG

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Nice to see the team go WINLESS in their new reverse jersey retros! Had a promotion too that the team was going to give away a free retro jersey for every goal they scored, lol! They failed to score in them! Putting the orca on the retro instead of Johnny JINXED the team! LOL! I rest my case! Later! The sprite lemon is apropriate for Benning's LEMONS in the whale reverse retros!

edler-virtanen.jpg

Euo0VD1UYAA4b9y.jpg

EvIMV38VEAcxndC.jpg

tenor (1).gif

IMG_2235.JPG

IMG_2240.JPG

Yep we lost cause our jersey didn't have your stupid atrocious lumberjack. Honestly just trolling at this point

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Johnny Canuck fanboys make me want to cheer for a different team all-together...  Most obnoxious trolls I've ever encountered on a message board, bar none.

Edited by morgo
  • Hydration 2
  • 1 month later...
On 3/3/2021 at 11:07 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Yep we lost cause our jersey didn't have your stupid atrocious lumberjack. Honestly just trolling at this point

yep and the team still is LOSING with their ridiculous constipated cartoon orca whale on the front of their jersey! Soon to be extinct off of our coastal waters just like the team currently is extinct! A change of some sort certainly could've been used like an alternate lumberjack jersey, not trolling here so keep on enjoying the losses adding up lol!  I rest my case!

1280px-Post0055_-_Flickr_-_NOAA_Photo_Library.jpg

download (4).jpg

0301-van-superskillsunis.png

Eu9_qejXEAAU_mc.jpg

• Haha 1
On 3/4/2021 at 4:43 PM, morgo said:

Johnny Canuck fanboys make me want to cheer for a different team all-together...  Most obnoxious trolls I've ever encountered on a message board, bar none.

Way the team is playing might be a good idea to start cheering for another team. Hope Rogers Arena is EMPTY with fans being so put off at the team losing that they no longer want to go spend good $ to watch the current garbage on display!

EwDIZWPXAAQw7KT.jpg

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Way the team is playing might be a good idea to start cheering for another team. Hope Rogers Arena is EMPTY with fans being so put off at the team losing that they no longer want to go spend good $ to watch the current garbage on display!

EwDIZWPXAAQw7KT.jpg

Bye....

I've been listening to the Canucks since before our town had TV.

The 62-63 team photo above has players like Trent Beatty, Phil Maloney, Mark Howe, which were radio hockey stars (in my mind).

We got TV about '65-66 (not that you could see the puck for the 'snow') and had to drive 30 miles over extremely rough logging roads to see the only TV set.

There were about 100 people saradined into a 'trailer' (they weren't mobile homes or manufactured homes back then, they were trailers) squirming to catch a glimpse.

We could choose between the picture (where you could hardly make out the players, and no chance whatsoever to see the puck) or the sound (which we had already been listening too since Marconi), but not both.

Anyway, from the inception, it seems to me that the team struggled financially.

During the pre-salary cap days, the richest teams bought the Cup.

The Rangers were like the NY Yankees, absolutely stacked with the world's best players.

Montreal had their Francophone Hegemony, and 3 farm teams that each could have beaten the Canucks like rented mules.

Many times the team faced financial difficulties and often the very state of the franchise was in jeopardy (not to mention how long it took just to get in the NHL).

Many times we could not afford to compete with the millionaires, then billionaires, who owned the old teams and controlled the league.

They may have their faults, who doesn't (?), but as far as the team goes, they are by far the best owners (financially) that we have ever had.

Even with the salary cap, they find other ways to support the team that are not restricted by salary cap considerations.

I also personally appreciate their commitment to vying for The Cup.

I believe they truly want to bring The Cup back home.

Vancouver has Stanley Park and I think a parade to (hopefully, permanently) install The Stanley Cup in Stanley Park would be a hoot!

Thanks Franco & Co.

(Now get back to work on that Cup.)

• Hydration 1

Vancouver has Stanley Park and I think a parade to (hopefully, permanently) install The Stanley Cup in Stanley Park would be a hoot!

Only if you have the parade on bicycles or grovel at the feet of the Parksboard :lol: Good yarn though, I liked it .

The Parksboard would likely prefer you have the parade in Strathcona park 

Edited by Fred65
  • Haha 1

Thanks !   Hope they are using this shorten season to evaluate the team moving forward.  

A team president that can work with JB would be a good start.

Edited by ShawnAntoski