The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sam Bennett requests trade

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Virtanen>>>>Scumbag DeAngelo. Only the Flames could pull this off :lol:

Elliott Friedman sad hes been told not to read too much into rumours about DeAngelo. 

He said they are just half truths and rumours. Take it for what its worth but thats from Elliott Friedman. 

I dont think JB has the authority to make teades anymore. Just an assumption on my part but i think Aqua going to play the season out and see what happens.. he likely makes changes in offseason and let new GM make roster changes. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Elliott Friedman sad hes been told not to read too much into rumours about DeAngelo. 

He said they are just half truths and rumours. Take it for what its worth but thats from Elliott Friedman. 

I dont think JB has the authority to make teades anymore. Just an assumption on my part but i think Aqua going to play the season out and see what happens.. he likely makes changes in offseason and let new GM make roster changes. 

Bring in Hextall. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

“I don’t think JB has the authority to make trades anymore”

Really? 

Did you notice there’s a plague? And that trades are almost non-existent this season?

JB doesn’t have the authority to make trades.

Gimme a break bud. Your assumptions are horrible at best.

I get these are tough times and all but he was only speculating. Buddy even stated it was an assumption so it should be taken with a grain of salt.

No need to crap on him over it. There are a lot worse takes that would warrant this sort of reaction.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Me_ said:

“I don’t think JB has the authority to make trades anymore”

Really? 

Did you notice there’s a plague? And that trades are almost non-existent this season?

JB doesn’t have the authority to make trades.

Gimme a break bud. Your assumptions are horrible at best.

Did you notice the blockbuster Laine for Dubois just happened. . CBJ and WPG

And according to Larry Brooks  DeAngelo for Bennet is in the works.. NYR and CGY

Give me a break bud. I clearly said its an assumption on ny part.

Edited by WHL rocks

5 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

And according to Larry Brooks  DeAngelo for Bennet is in the works.. NYR and CGY

Give me a break bud.

Cool!  DeAngelo can start off with beating up Johnny Canuck and then continue on with Tketchup.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Give me a break bud. I clearly said its an assumption on ny part.

ah! And you put those two thoughts together all by yourself? 

A trade happened not involving the Canucks, which means Benning isn’t allowed to trade anymore.

Assine.

It’s a bad assumption without any merit  whatsoever.

Just a poisonous talking point into the ether.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 2

The Seattle draft is the key.  Bring in Bennett for Virtanen and obviously Bennet has to get exempted from the draft by the Canucks.  That exposes someone else. Motte or Gaudette or MacEwen.

Hmm gotta think about that. Right now trading Virt for an asset that does not require covering for the expansion draft means all of Gaud Motte and Mac are exempt. So trading Virt for Bennet costs us another player as well. That's a real consideration unless Gaud continues to shart.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

The Seattle draft is the key.  Bring in Bennett for Virtanen and obviously Bennet has to get exempted from the draft by the Canucks.  That exposes someone else. Motte or Gaudette or MacEwen.

Hmm gotta think about that. Right now trading Virt for an asset that does not require covering for the expansion draft means all of Gaud Motte and Mac are exempt. So trading Virt for Bennet costs us another player as well. That's a real consideration unless Gaud continues to shart.

Good point. But what if Jake is traded for a D? I believe we have wiggle room there. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, rekker said:

Good point. But what if Jake is traded for a D? I believe we have wiggle room there. 

Right now Schmidt and Juolevi have to get exempted by the Canucks. We have to expose either Myers or Chatfield.  If you trade Virt for another D who needs protection, then both Myers and Chatfield have to be exposed.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

We don’t have to protect all those guys... expecting to protect anyone mildly useful is a fool’s game.  What is the difference if they take MacEwan instead of Lind?  Not really any difference and players like that are replaceable, especially with another tight cap situation around the league again next offseason.

The players we “need” to protect:

Forward:

Petterson, Horvat, Boeser, Miller

Defence:  Schmidt

Goal: Demko

The players we “can” protect it we have spare slots and can’t upgrade on them through other means:

Motte, Juolevi, Macewan, Gaudette, Virtanen

Losing any of those guys isn’t a huge deal, but with our lack of PK players I would lean towards protecting Motte for his value.  There will be solid players available for between league minimum and $1 million dollars who would probably be better than any one of those guys we would lose.

That leaves 2 forward spots and 2 D slots that we can upgrade through trades, pick ups.

Edited by Provost