The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] DeAngelo NYR

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Attitude?  Thats what youre calling it?  The guy is a racist cancer.  Some people on this board need to get real.  No team with any sense will aquire him.  

I've been scouring the message boards of a few teams, including Reddit, and I think this is the only site that has the absolutely insane idea that they'll want this guy on this team.  Calgary fans don't want him. Anaheim fans don't want him. LA Kings fans don't want him.

Also, Rangers fans have no regrets seeing this guy go. It really says a lot about how poorly this guy is viewed. 

Wake up people. Jesus @Elias Pettersson

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I've been scouring the message boards of a few teams, including Reddit, and I think this is the only site that has the absolutely insane idea that they'll want this guy on this team.  Calgary fans don't want him. Anaheim fans don't want him. LA Kings fans don't want him.

Also, Rangers fans have no regrets seeing this guy go. It really says a lot about how poorly this guy is viewed. 

Wake up people. Jesus @Elias Pettersson

Yup.. prob because most on this board think this is one of their video games and have never actually played competetive team sports.  

Anyone who things Tony Dangelo on the Nucks is even worth trying shouldnt be calling themselves a hockey fan.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Hear me out:

Loui Eriksson for Tony DeAngelo 1 for 1

Before you flame me:

If we buy out LE at the end of the season, he would have a caphit of $4 million next season and $1 million the season after

If DeAngelo is bought out at the end of the season, he would have a caphit of $883k for the next 2 seasons.

Process:

Trade Loui for DeAngelo one for one, but tell DeAgelo that he will be on the taxi squad on paper, but he doesn't even need to report to the team, he can just stay home. Our players won't even have to meet/deal with him the whole year as he isn't even officially here. Once the season ends, we buy him out and we save ALOT of cap space for next year which will help re-sign Petey, Hughes and Demko

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Hear me out:

Loui Eriksson for Tony DeAngelo 1 for 1

Before you flame me:

If we buy out LE at the end of the season, he would have a caphit of $4 million next season and $1 million the season after

If DeAngelo is bought out at the end of the season, he would have a caphit of $883k for the next 2 seasons.

Process:

Trade Loui for DeAngelo one for one, but tell DeAgelo that he will be on the taxi squad on paper, but he doesn't even need to report to the team, he can just stay home. Our players won't even have to meet/deal with him the whole year as he isn't even officially here. Once the season ends, we buy him out and we save ALOT of cap space for next year which will help re-sign Petey, Hughes and Demko

Why wouldn't the rangers just buy him out? What benefit is it to them to have a higher cap hit on the books?

• Vintage 1

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Why don't we try to get Lias Anderson as well. He could try to get his career back on track with the Canucks. 

Virtanen could go the other way, since he's the guy that management seems to have mishandled as well. One mishandled player for another mishandled player. 

Who says no? 

Lias Anderson was traded to LA for a 2nd round pick (60th overall) back in October.

11 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

.. he cant be that bad. 

He is so bad the Rangers, a team in the best league in the world, tried to give him away for free.

Now they are trying to give him away, and paying to do it.

Still no takers.

30 other teams in the league did not want him for free. 

Days later 30 other teams don't want him, even if the Rangers pay to get rid of him.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Why wouldn't the rangers just buy him out? What benefit is it to them to have a higher cap hit on the books?

Watching a game last night and Bob Mackenzie was on between periods.

He said the Rangers would like a trade, but aren't taking just any trade as the team can/will just buy  De Angelo out at seasons end.

Thus speaketh the Bob father.

Just now, coryberg said:

They want him away from the team right away. They want nothing to do with this guy. I think management also don't want to deal with him as well. He can't be bought out until the end of the season, that's why they are looking to trade him.

3 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

They want him away from the team right away. They want nothing to do with this guy. I think management also don't want to deal with him as well. He can't be bought out until the end of the season, that's why they are looking to trade him.

But you just suggested that we park him at home until the season ends. The Rangers can do the same.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

But you just suggested that we park him at home until the season ends. The Rangers can do the same.

They can. It could also be that Rangers management team is sick and tired of this guy and doesn't even want to deal with him anymore. Anyways, likely won't happen, but if the opportunity presents itself. I would do LE for DeAngelo 1 for 1 any day of the week.

Just now, ruilin96 said:

They can. It could also be that Rangers management team is sick and tired of this guy and doesn't even want to deal with him anymore. Anyways, likely won't happen, but if the opportunity presents itself. I would do LE for DeAngelo 1 for 1 any day of the week.

Anyone here would. That's the point because it makes no sense for NYR and only benefits us. Not that it likely won't happen, it definitely will not happen. If their management is sick and tired of him, then tell him to stay home while he gets paid.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Anyone here would. That's the point because it makes no sense for NYR and only benefits us. Not that it likely won't happen, it definitely will not happen. If their management is sick and tired of him, then tell him to stay home while he gets paid.

There is no benefit to having Tony Deangelo on this team, cap relief or not. Even NYR fans think he is toxic. I get the feel that they're divided between getting a low return or seeing him play for someone else and continuing his career.

Everyone is well aware of his points. Everyone on the NYR fanbase is also aware that he's been a benefactor from playing with Panarin. His defence is said to be beyond horrendous. I'll take their opinions on this guy than some people here who just look at his stats. He is a serious headcase from what's been told.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

That is their intention, iirc a statement/tweet came out from Ranger Management, De Angelo will not play another game for the Rangers.

He will sit out the rest of the year if no trade occurs.

I wonder if they can pay the guy his buyout now, still count his salary against this years cap, and a few upcoming seasons, but just being able to say "De Angelo is not a Ranger" will have a positive effect.

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

There is no benefit to having Tony Danza on this team, cap relief or not. Even NYR fans think he is toxic. I get the feel that they're divided between getting a low return or seeing him play for someone else and continuing his career.

Everyone is well aware of his points. Everyone on the NYR fanbase is also aware that he's been a benefactor from playing with Panarin. His defence is said to be beyond horrendous. I'll take their opinions on this guy than some people here who just look at his stats. He is a serious headcase from what's been told.

Cap relief is gold in the next two years. His toxicity is negated if told not to report. So yes there is absolutely benefit to trading him for LE straight up, but that is also the reason why this trade would never happen because NYR may as well get the cap relief.

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Cap relief is gold in the next two years. His toxicity is negated if told not to report. So yes there is absolutely benefit to trading him for LE straight up, but that is also the reason why this trade would never happen because NYR may as well get the cap relief.

LE will get bought out next year. It really isn't that big of a cap relief by trading for TD. NYR doesn't even want him on the taxi squad. He's just told to stay home.

Edited by Dazzle

1 minute ago, gurn said:

That is their intention, iirc a statement/tweet came out from Ranger Management, De Angelo will not play another game for the Rangers.

He will sit out the rest of the year if no trade occurs.

I wonder if they can pay the guy his buyout now, still count his salary against this years cap, and a few upcoming seasons, but just being able to say "De Angelo is not a Ranger" will have a positive effect.

There's no urgency for them to buy him out now as they don't need the cap space immediately. Plus the fact that I believe the buy out window is closed.

The other possibility is that NYR hopes that he pulls off another stupid stunt that breaches his contract for full termination.

• Vintage 1