The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] DeAngelo NYR

• 3 weeks later...

De Angelo not even welcome in the farmteam of the Rangers - unbelievable - .

DeAngelo willing to go to the AHL

TSN: Frank Seravalli said that New York Rangers defenseman Anthony DeAngelo has let the team know that he’d have some interest in being loaned to the AHL and get back to playing. He’ll need to find another organization willing to allow him to play though.

“He’s willing to accept a loan to any AHL franchise and I believe the Rangers are interested in facilitating that, but it would take someone else stepping up to do so. Because the Rangers have let him know he’s not welcome in Hartford, the ties have been cut with the entire Rangers organization to this point.”

• Cheers 2

On 3/3/2021 at 1:06 PM, Wolfgang Durst said:

De Angelo not even welcome in the farmteam of the Rangers - unbelievable - .

DeAngelo willing to go to the AHL

TSN: Frank Seravalli said that New York Rangers defenseman Anthony DeAngelo has let the team know that he’d have some interest in being loaned to the AHL and get back to playing. He’ll need to find another organization willing to allow him to play though.

“He’s willing to accept a loan to any AHL franchise and I believe the Rangers are interested in facilitating that, but it would take someone else stepping up to do so. Because the Rangers have let him know he’s not welcome in Hartford, the ties have been cut with the entire Rangers organization to this point.”

I picked this guy for my hockey pool. Figured he'd be a soild to get me points... now I just have dead weight :(

Guess it's safe to assume he doesn't suit up anywhere in the nhl for awhile, if ever? 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Sounds like DeAngelo is a difficult human being to deal with. Three teams by the age of 25. Not welcomed in the entire NYR organization. The franchise which tolerated Avery.

ouch.

DeAngelo is the prime definition of "Cancer in the room".

• Cheers 4

Eriksson for DeAngelo I do.

Put him up with a sports psych. 

Aquilini is Italian. He’s got this.

Sheding those cap dollars is essential for the Benning experience to evolve. 

25 years old.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

25 years old.

Don't think aquilini being Italian will have any influence. I would think new york has enough there and it still didn't turn out.

On paper, would 100% do this. Nhl 21 gm mode 100%. In real life... not in a million years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, LionofJudah said:

Don't think aquilini being Italian will have any influence. I would think new york has enough there and it still didn't turn out.

On paper, would 100% do this. Nhl 21 gm mode 100%. In real life... not in a million years.

It’s a super no risk.

An elite flatliner for the 19OA14.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Me_ said:

25 years old.

The Rangers can just buy out DeAngelo in the summer for a $383,000 cap hit next year. They don’t need to trade him for Eriksson or anyone else. 

Once he’s a free agent I’m sure somebody will pick him up on the cheap. Right handed Dman who can skate and get 60 points plus he can actually fight too. Very rare combination he has.  Must have been brought up in a crazy Italian family. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Rangers can just buy out DeAngelo in the summer for a $383,000 cap hit next year. They don’t need to trade him for Eriksson or anyone else. 

Once he’s a free agent I’m sure somebody will pick him up on the cheap. Right handed Dman who can skate and get 60 points plus he can actually fight too. Very rare combination he has.  Must have been brought up in a crazy Italian family. 

What is it with some players who have very rare combinations but never can put it together. Jake seems to be in the same way minus the character issues of DeAngelo. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

What exactly did this guy do? 

The NHL has given domestic abusers, racists, drug addicts, etc second chances. I haven’t followed this story at all, but dang he must be a monster!

Probably because he's a teammate abuser... Kinda a big deal when a team's success revolves around team cohesion and chemistry.

• Cheers 1