The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] DeAngelo NYR

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wow what a mess, he was basically scoring at a 60-70 point pace last season, former 1st round pick, has just had a rough start to the season. 4.8M cap hit, there's no way a team doesn't claim him and it doesn't have to be a bad team. I hope Edmonton don't get him, this kid still oozes potential and to nab him for free would just be unfair.

Doesn't matter how much they/you don't like him as a person, losing that value for nothing is a stupid GM move. He could easily fetch a top 6 forward or I'd say even a 1st round pick, a few bad games isn't enough to undo what he's done in the last 2 seasons.

No - the stupid move was re-signing him as opposed to dumping his rights when his value was inflated.

The Rangers have Adam Fox to take his pp minutes - and they have Nils Lundvist on the way.   All 3 of them RH undersized puck moving types.

They have Trouba to eat big two way minutes on their right side - who is also capable on their 2nd powerplay unit.

They should have dumped DeAngelo - assuming that was possible/assuming there may have been a market for him - in the offseason.

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

No GM with any PR sense will touch him with a 39 and a half foot pole. On top of that, he has no defense. A 50-point defenseman probably isn't worth the PR nightmare. it's not like he's a Norris candidate since his defense is so shoddy.

Is this a Grinch reference ?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChwkCanux said:

Rumor has it he was fighting teammates after the loss last night? He really isn't worth the headache, wouldn't be shocked if he clears.

He was trying to blame his goalie yet was on the ice for all 5 goals against.  This guy is the epitome of a douchebag.  I try to stay away from politics, but anyone who blindly supports Trump is an uneducated, egotistical piece of  trash.  How can anyone want this dirtbag as a teammate?  Hes done in this league.  

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Biggest moron that signed an almost 10 million dollar contract that he’ll collect regardless.

At this point he’s made more money than a lot of players make in their careers. 

Sometimes the dummies do win.

Money isnt a measure of a winner.   Who cares how much money somehow has.  When you don't have the respect of your peers, you are nothing.  This clown will never gain the respect of anyone in this league or any league that matters again. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Wow what a mess, he was basically scoring at a 60-70 point pace last season, former 1st round pick, has just had a rough start to the season. 4.8M cap hit, there's no way a team doesn't claim him and it doesn't have to be a bad team. I hope Edmonton don't get him, this kid still oozes potential and to nab him for free would just be unfair.

Doesn't matter how much they/you don't like him as a person, losing that value for nothing is a stupid GM move. He could easily fetch a top 6 forward or I'd say even a 1st round pick, a few bad games isn't enough to undo what he's done in the last 2 seasons.

Dude, no one is going to trade for this cancerous trash.   Thats why hes on waivers. 

You really think anyone wants to call this dirtbag their teammate?

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, rekker said:

I wouldn't even trade LE for that chump. His value is in the negatives, just like LE. 

LE at least is well liked in the dressing room.

I can't believe some people are suggesting we should pick this dude up, even though he's doing nothing for his NYR team. Do people realize that NYR has been a bottom feeding team for a while now? Even Kakko is under scrutiny now.

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Money isnt a measure of a winner.   Who cares how much money somehow has.  When you don't have the respect of your peers, you are nothing.  This clown will never gain the respect of anyone in this league or any league that matters again. 

He's probably blowin' that money up his nose. It's not uncommon.

People will blame cancel culture, but this was never about politics. 

I'm sure that you'd find about half of hockey players lean towards the Conservative side of things; they're a microcosm of society. Ovechkin loves Putin. He still is beloved around the league. He doesn't get cancelled because he doesn't become a distraction. 

The problem wasn't DeAngelo's politics. The problem was that he is an un-coachable moron. He is also racist; that transcends politics. DeAngelo doesn't like Trump because he has an acute/nuanced understanding of immigration policy, tax reform, etc. etc. He likes Trump because he likes people who, like him, have a disdain for certain segments of the population. 

He became a distraction and wasn't good enough to justify being a distraction. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

Word on the street is that David Quinn doesn't like Kaapo Kakko.

Ok sure... we can trade Eriksson and Virtanen for a waived Deangelo and Kakko :)

I am ok taking their headaches off their hands if we can make the salaries a wash.  We can find a way to terminate Deangelo maybe.... 

Edited by Provost