The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

So you think Benning should get two more years to improve this team? That's almost ten years. Craziness!!!

There always a far greater danger of a new guy coming in and completely dismantling everything than just suck the two year up. Just look at Edmonton and Buffalo's GM musical chairs and see where they are in their perpetual rebuild. 

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

True dat.

Look at Montreals defense.   Big, talented dmen that play smart both ends.  Look at what Tampa and St Louis won with.  You cant ice a group of one dimensional dmen and expect to win.  Vancouver is screwed unless Benning makes a few bold moves for the backend.  

Let's hope OJ works out cause he is exactly what we need. A good two way defender. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

He’s good but is a headcase. Heard he was giving racial slurs to rookie teammate K’Andre Miller. Don’t think I’d want that presence in our locker room.

I'd never heard that. I heard he was a Trump supporter. 

7 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Those two need to learn to play responsibly if this team is even going to have a sniff at the cup and it will probably take Petey 2 years to get it through his head that he needs to play like Selke Petey all the time like last playoffs and for Hughes to learn to defend properly. The real window is 2 or 3 years away from now anyways. 

If there is one player we should all feel bad for it is Horvat. We are literally wasting his prime years right now. 

Hughes needs to tidy up the 5 on 5 play -6 as a ppg guy isn’t going to cut it.  No reason for Hughes to play more than 20 minutes a night.

• Vintage 2

5 minutes ago, GetFocht said:

I'd never heard that. I heard he was a Trump supporter. 

That might actually be a rumour that I may just be easily believing it without looking too much into it. I mean DeAngelo comes with his warts as he was suspended in junior on multiple occasions for racial slurs on a teammate and homophobic slurs. If he’s done it in the past it’s easier to believe.

22 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

So you think Benning should get two more years to improve this team? That's almost ten years. Craziness!!!

craziness is the Leafs and the Oilers rebuild time-line. Benning inherited a major rebuild deficit with empty cupboards.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

craziness is the Leafs and the Oilers rebuild time-line. Benning inherited a major rebuild deficit with empty cupboards.

We sure have lowered our standards and expectations for this team if this is what fans are ok with. 51 years and counting. We aren't even talking cup contenders yet. We are talking about grabbing one of the last playoff spots. That was his plan when he came in 7 years ago? Barely making the playoffs?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

We NEED a shutout tomorrow night. It seems as if Montreal gets one on the board, 5 more are to follow in each game. It’s hard to have faith when you get pumped for 23 goals in 4 games against the same team and you only muster up 11 goals in response.

I feel as a fan I need the security of a shutout tomorrow to keep faith in this season, with 4 more games against a team that is obliterating us, 1/6 of our season could be entirely donated to the MTL Win column, while we pick up the L’s left behind

well Demko will play tomorrow and I hope they play better defensively. I see big changes in the off season.

43 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I meant that when people say oh money will be coming off the books in a couple of years, don't worry it seems as if they are ok with wasting a couple of their years. It's hard having that much wasted money sitting there and they can't improve the team because of it.

Problem is even if we have money and cap space, I am a bit hesitant on who Benning signs. I dont want another Myers or Eriksson, rather just re-sign our key players and sign our prospects lile Podkolzin and Tryamkin. If there is a viable trade maybe get some help via trades. Signing FAs is not Bennings strong suit and thats how we got into this mess in the first place.

46 minutes ago, Dirtman said:

The good news is that this team isn't nearly as bad as they showed tonight. Bad news is they were embarrassing tonight. Hopefully use it to come out guns blazing tomorrow. 

The PP is still garbage and I hope they fire Brown. Its getting old and stale with trying that bumper play so many times.