The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

48 minutes ago, rychicken said:

what, did I miss something?

Chatfield slotted in for OJ

26 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I'm guessing it will be Holtby tonight, Demko tomorrow, then whoever does better on the 4th?  Surprised Demko didn't get this one and Holtby tomorrow.

I'm not too surprised... Demko probably still tired from carrying the team past Winnipeg (not that the team played poorly but that game still could've gotten out of hand in the 1st) 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Chatfield slotted in for OJ

I'm not too surprised... Demko probably still tired from carrying the team past Winnipeg (not that the team played poorly but that game still could've gotten out of hand in the 1st) 

Demko repeatedly shot down this assumption during the playoffs last year. He was annoyed by everyone worrying about a workload or the amount of shots he faced. 

I think it’s overblown. I’d have that stud back in the net to humble the Canadians. Watch Demko become a bigger star than EP. 

• Like 1

Pumped about tonight’s game.

I see Sportsnet is up to its tricks again. How to write a story about Boeser’s recent great play? An article about how his great play has hushed all the earlier trade talk (that they probably started in the first place). Why even bring that crap up? Have you ever seen Sportsnet write about trading Awesome Nostrils?

• Cheers 1

5 more hours - ugh

Don't know what to expect but suspect that Montreal feels confident they will take us. 5 out of 5 points they stole when they came to Van. Sure would be nice to steal 4 back -but I'd settle for the split.

Co Canucks Go

7 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

Did we watch 2 different games?

• Cheers 1

Big game, need to show we belong in the conversation as the division's best. Let's just hope we play tightly defensively and the Habs will struggle without all the gifted opportunities. We know we can light up their defence but if our goalies play as well as they have and we play soundly at our offensive line then we've got a good chance here for at least a split.

3-2 Canucks in OT, Hoglander the winner

• Like 1