The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Big game, need to show we belong in the conversation as the division's best. Let's just hope we play tightly defensively and the Habs will struggle without all the gifted opportunities. We know we can light up their defence but if our goalies play as well as they have and we play soundly at our offensive line then we've got a good chance here for at least a split.

3-2 Canucks in OT, Hoglander the winner

Let’s hope for another 4-1 win.  We don’t need to be giving free points to our division rivals...they haven’t been giving them to us.

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Jordie has been playing his best games on the right side. First season with the Canucks he has been playing most of the time on the left side. Glad that he has the opportunity to play the right side.

Yes. I have also noticed Hughes and Benn switching sides a lot depending on the play. This ability to be comfortable on either side is probably also helping Benn to be a good partner to Hughes.

• Cheers 2

58 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Demko repeatedly shot down this assumption during the playoffs last year. He was annoyed by everyone worrying about a workload or the amount of shots he faced. 

I think it’s overblown. I’d have that stud back in the net to humble the Canadians. Watch Demko become a bigger star than EP. 

I think most goalies prefer some extra shots to keep focused in the game. 

• Cheers 2

I will be watching this game again when I wake up. 

Calling a 3-2 Van victory. 

Montreal will come out hot from their shutout loss last game and take a 2-0 lead in the first.

We will climb back with 3 goals and a win in OT.

I called it at the start. We needed 10 games to get rolling but we will get hot at the right time.

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

I'm guessing it will be Holtby tonight, Demko tomorrow, then whoever does better on the 4th?  Surprised Demko didn't get this one and Holtby tomorrow.

I'm guessing with how well Demmer has been playing Green wanted him in net to potentially bail the team out in the event they're sluggish in game 2. 

38 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:
This is encouraging

I can't say I'm wondering that at all. Demko played last game. Makes sense to just alternate. lol

I sometimes love how the media wants to overthink everything but I guess they need them views. ;)

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1