The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Demmer was never going to play both games. Not hard to understand in such a condensed schedule

But knowing they’ve lost to these guys a couple in a row  wouldn’t you want to out your best for forward in the first game of a back to back.

I’m just a little frustrated I guess.  I’m so used to seeing a goalie bail them out ( markstrom) I forgot what average at best goaltending looks like lol 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AllWeatherFan said:

He deserves a little blame. Yes, our defence is terrible but we need at least average numbers from him

He hasn't looked good and his numbers tell the story. 

Bad D will make a goalie look worse than he is. Just like how a good D would make a goalie look better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

They changed it to increase offence a couple years back and honestly I like it cause it removes the error of judgment from the refs.  It used to be that refs got it wrong a lot of the time and the entire opposition would complain so they make it cut and dry.

They first changed it to when it hit the post/ crossbar or dasher then the face off stayed inside (which I am totally ok with) but in all instances it’s wrong that in this example they screwed up a pass in the o zone and it went out but still get an offensive face off and change