The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Darius said:

They can keep Toffoli .. he only scores against the Canucks it seems.  

The guy I miss is Tanev.  Warrior for the Canucks.  Stabilizer of Hughes.  Should have retired here.

If Tanev took a 5mil x 3 years kind of deal he’d still be a Canuck. 6 years is too long for his body to hold up. 

Petey and Brock looking much more dangerous with Miller off the top line and Hoglander there, the kid is making everyone better. Good to see some jump, obviously too little too late but Green needs to start auditions for the next game.

Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Motte

Pearson - Sutter - Gaudette

MacEwan - Beagle - Virtanen

Properly shake things up. Virtanen's been good, Gaudette has really been up and down but our players need to be mixed up. On defence Baumgartner needs to try something different because Hughes looks lost out there with Benn all of a sudden:

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Schmidt

Chatfield - Benn

Juolevi

I think inconsistency is the right word here to describe the current situation. We don't look like a team that is on a four-game win streak. I think some people may not credit the wins against the Senators, but between the Jets game and this game, it doesn't look like the same team. We simply were not prepared.

• Like 2

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

I mean goalies always seeing grade A chances so they probably gonna develop well.

Wasn't nearly this bad which is telling.

No even close, these games the defence has completely collapsed and a lot of it the forwards turning the puck over as well. Can’t compare this year with last year with these types of games 

I tuned out at 4-1, glad I did, I don't need my blood boiling for the rest of the night over this $h1T. 

I'd love to see the coaching staff get wiped out, dating back to last year I'm extremely tired of their antics, they're not NHL level coaches... They think the game on an AHL level and as long as we play that way we'll continue to get dominated on a regular basis.

Just now, Trebreh said:

this game was so winnable but we let it get away. We have the better top end talent but can't play our system consistently. 

Hate to say it but I agree, if we take away the 5 goals that we gifted them with bad defence/turnovers, this would have been a very winable game.

• Like 2

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Not this bad...  I can't remember seeing the Canucks play this badly in years...  this is some next-level bad.  

Holtby's made some great saves in this game, it should be 9-1 for Montreal. 

Having a great game and following up with one of the worst games in a while.

This is Leafs/Oilers levels of WTF.