The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Everyone's to blame but these guys should know how to get themselves ready for a game 

Hate that blame on a coach, never needed a coach to get me ready for a game. They may have got me MORE fired up, but I was always responsible for being ready to do my part.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

There needs to be some serious questions asked. What the f*** is going on. That’s 4 f***ing games vs Montreal being out scored TWENTY-THREE TO F***ING ELEVEN

I WANT SOMEONES HEAD ON A F***ING SPIKE

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING

I could handle losing 4-2 3-1 5-3... BUT 6-1 AFTER 2 F***ING PERIODS AND TOFFOLI HAS ANOTHER F***ING GOAL I CANNOT F***ING HANDLE

Come here bud, we got ya...Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

I guess the rumours were true that he really did want to sign in van and was pissed they wouldn’t sign him 

Not rumours, I think Tofolli said Vancouver showed no interest in him.

He also said he thought he was going to finish his career in Vancouver 

Lots to blame here. Holtby needs to make some of those saves. Good goalies bail out their team every day.

The team is clearly tired, this schedule has been brutal to start the season and they have another 2 sets of back to back games this week again so it's not getting easier.

Defense is terrible

Defensive play from the forwards is terrible

Too many turnovers 

At least Green took a timeout and showed some emotion lol, Demko should start the 3rd.

4 minutes ago, khay said:

System is getting consistenly exposed by Habs' relentless forechecking.

This system works against Ottawa, Winnipeg, and Edmonton. 

Doesn't work against Habs and Flames. Yet to see how things will go against the Leafs.

Better come up with some good adjustments or we are going 1-8-0 against the Habs.

Habs have way more jump.    Been at home for nearly 2 weeks and played 2 games since they last played us.  We've played....4, including a back to back and two trips.  Schedule's way too lopsided right now...it'll even out.

Matters.  But no one will consider these details even though they do matter in a big picture way.  These aren't machines....they're men.

10 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Oh boy Green's gonna go back on the hot seat...

He clearly said that the last series with MTL was a symptom of the team not having exhibition games.

Ok what happened this time to be such an embarassment? Didn't he just say we played our best game off the year against Wpg? -- Yes he did.

Why is the team doing this?  Wow.  I can't remember when a team has been this Jekyll and Hyde.

Looking forward to what he says after this one.

He was complacent and didn't do his job to prepare the team.

The guys look shocked to see the Habs forwards zoning in on them so deep and so fast in all 3 zones.

I'm sure Claude Julien studied the Vegas series and knows how to expose our team.

5 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Oh right , can't ever point at a goaltender.  Yes , the team is playing like crap as well, but Holtby isn't any better . 

at least everyone on this team is playing at a consistent level for this game....phew, thought we had real BIG problems, like can't skate, hit or show up for an important game.