The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 1, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm actually such a nerd that I'm comparing it all in a Google sheet.   Because it matters.   LOL (to me).

There are two ways I look at that...they'll be in "game shape" by then and we're facing this right out of the gates when fatigue and injury are more prominent due to fitness that's not quite there yet.  So later when they're at game speed in full stride is likely better than now.  UNLESS they get beat up right before playoffs because they're running on empty, which is highly possible.  I can hardly wait.

I will let you know my findings after I delve into it more.....  Why?  I'm not sure.

City Walk GIF by Sub Pop Records

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Julien seems to had figure something out in Greens system - he seems to have a box set up when pressuring the Canucks during the zone exits

Next game !

Nothing complicated really 

just late man puck pressure, essentially a full court press and we are coughing it up 

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Julien seems to had figure something out in Greens system - he seems to have a box set up when pressuring the Canucks during the zone exits

Next game !

Right. The Canucks are going to get their asses handed to th......I mean, the Canucks are playing two more games against their masters....I mean, the Canadiens. 

Just now, 10pavelbure96 said:

Watch Tanev plays the rest of his career without ever injuring himself again.

That would be the luck of the nuck

For him I hope that happens 

I think it was a mistake to let him go , he’s proving how good he was/is 

• Cheers 1

I just don't think our defense is built well enough. There are no physical defenseman at all on this team and teams aren't scared at all to get in the scoring areas. This is where I think Jim Benning fails in management. He didn't see this coming after losing Tanev who at least is a defensive defenseman. They are too soft back there. Can't our team ever be a fast, skilled heavy team? Nope. They need to be nice on this team to play here.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

There is really no excuse for such a dip in consistency. None. I get being down a goal or two, but four. This team looks gutless out there. 

i think they mentally checked out after Gallagher breakaway goal. 

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I read some old posts from Rangers fans about JT and it sounds like the version of Miller we are seeing tonight made a lot of appearances when he was younger.  It’s a good thing he’s become more consistent, coz this version Is bad. 

Yeah it’s not to often you can say he had a bad game. The odd give away sure but he usually makes up for it somewhere. 

I just hope the games better tomorrow. I’m not sold on what kind of team we have here one way or the other 

• Cheers 1