The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko named First Star of the Week

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

And we didn't start him tonight......

Demko needs to be the starter this year you can ride a goalie the whole season no need to worry about work load management it's the playoffs has to be the mentality..start middle end.

Nothing against holtby he's not the teams future. I was surprised we picked him up After the way Demko finished in the playoffs it was apparent he was ready for the show. Holtby is a great backup plan if Demko is hurt but I don't like the lack of confidence in how we have started the season not letting him know he's number 1

Edited by Bertorama

1 hour ago, xereau said:

So why was he not played in the 1st game in Montreal? Was a no brainer decision, for he's emerged as the better of the two goalies.

It wouldn't have made much of a difference unless you played a new team with him. We were trash defensively and gave up the most brutal of chances in front of our goalies.

Doesn't matter either since the other goalie would have gotten the next start on the back to back.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It wouldn't have made much of a difference unless you played a new team with him. We were trash defensively and gave up the most brutal of chances in front of our goalies.

Doesn't matter either since the other goalie would have gotten the next start on the back to back.

Not to mention the rest is important in a condensed season...and that Holtby historically has owned the Habs...well until this year anyways lol. 

Montreal has owned us (and pretty much all teams) so far. And last night they started Price, so tonight will be Allen.

I see no issue with playing Demko in the “easier” game, and shooting for the 1-1 split. Given what has happened so far, it’s probably the smart play.