The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Not saying that it was Holtby’s fault last night (he was hung out to dry) but a big save or two at the beginning of the game for those gaffs might change the outcome. Demko has a good shot at taking the net over a bit tonight. The defence  and break out needs to tighten up a lot though, from centres not covering dmen, to one winger dropping low or switching sides following the play, to stupid gaffs up the middle, to last man back not making the crisp play up, to all the breakout passes in feet, or behind the back passes into a crowd, it’s turning into frustrating hockey. They’re literally doing things that would get you benched in junior. 

You can tell the schedule is beating up on the team a bit, I think after the leafs series there’s a little bit of a break. Couple practice days and rest days could do wonders. 

• Upvote 1

We need to make life tougher for Montreal’s forwards.  Aside from Anderson they are a pretty small group.  Team needs to make a commitment to increase the physicality and see how badly the canadiens want the puck.  Coaching staff needs to make adjustments we’ve allowed 23 goals in 4 games against the habs.  They are not some offensive juggernaut we just need to quick turning the puck over.  Good luck to Demko.

I’d switch in the whole taxi squad except Loui E and shake it up.

Speaking of Loui Eriksson, why can’t we just send him to Utica? I feel like he’d feel much more inclined to retire than go through that cycle. Go Canucks!

12 minutes ago, Steven Stamkos said:

Not saying that it was Holtby’s fault last night (he was hung out to dry) but a big save or two at the beginning of the game for those gaffs might change the outcome. Demko has a good shot at taking the net over a bit tonight. The defence  and break out needs to tighten up a lot though, from centres not covering dmen, to one winger dropping low or switching sides following the play, to stupid gaffs up the middle, to last man back not making the crisp play up, to all the breakout passes in feet, or behind the back passes into a crowd, it’s turning into frustrating hockey. They’re literally doing things that would get you benched in junior. 

You can tell the schedule is beating up on the team a bit, I think after the leafs series there’s a little bit of a break. Couple practice days and rest days could do wonders. 

I don't disagree completely with Green too often, but swapping out Demko after a day off with the #s he was putting up was a coaching mistake IMO. Should've given him the first game and Holtby the 2nd.

Oh well

Hopefully the Canucks are hungry tonight.

• Upvote 2