The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

There’s no hopes. I never said ya woohoo Benns the greatest.. He fills in where needed that’s his job and he was playing jusy fine. +7 in 5 games but whatever man. Btw I hope to see OJ next game but it never made sense to sit Benn until now possibly. But I’d rather see Chatfield sit a game 

You would put Benn in for one of the 2 and i am saying that does nothing for us at all 

Benn is a 7th man emergency guy 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

100%.

Watch the tapes Green. Crack their system, there's gotta be a hole to exploit and make them check the puck pressure... also figure out dump ins on their huge, mobile d isn't gonna work.

Anyways, that's his job. Not mine.

Too late 

Julien solved Vancouver 

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Right.

Chatfield should be nowhere near this team.  Floats around and plays too soft.  Even Biega, Stetcher and Hutton played with more intensity than this guy.  Would love to see Brisebois dressed next game.

I thought he was solid the first few games but not so much the last 2. I’d rather see OJ for a few or alternate them. I liked OJs game a lot but I thought with Chatfields play the first couple game he played and being right handed it made sense at the start. Time to swap em 

3 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Right.

Chatfield should be nowhere near this team.  Floats around and plays too soft.  Even Biega, Stetcher and Hutton played with more intensity than this guy.  Would love to see Brisebois dressed next game.

Brise is not the intensity you're looking for.

Both he and Chatfield are cold water type dmen. Tanev-esque.

Woo, now that kid has intensity, but isn't as defensively sound as Chat and Brize.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Too late 

Julien solved Vancouver 

What? Skate into their zone and they’ll hand you the puck?

Some people are giving too much credit to them. This team did most of the damage to itself.

I never thought the Habs played particularly spectacular, we just played spectacularly bad in our losses. They just took advantage of our countless mistakes.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

You would put Benn in for one of the 2 and i am saying that does nothing for us at all 

Benn is a 7th man emergency guy 

Icing both of them against Montreal does nothing for their development either. I’d rather not mess with that then anything 

• Cheers 2

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

POSTGAME | Travis Green

is greener trying to get fired you lose badly against habs 4 of 5 games pull out your best player last night in virtanen for roussel and gaudette and your  excuse for losing is bad bounces wow. If virtanen is traded hes gonna be the next  toffoli. Gotta wander  when owners or management get fed up 

• Cheers 2

Too late 

Julien solved Vancouver 

Right... and Green hasn't changed anything but the line combos. Tweak your approach / system for different teams and you force the other coach to respond, if your tweaks are successful in exploiting soft zones.

They're there. I'm sure if it. Julien isn't perfect

6 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Brise is not the intensity you're looking for.

Both he and Chatfield are cold water type dmen. Tanev-esque.

Woo, now that kid has intensity, but isn't as defensively sound as Chat and Brize.

Yup.  Love Woo.   We need OJ and Woo to pan out or this team is in deep sh!t.  Brisebois would be an upgrade defensively over half our current d.  

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What? Skate into their zone and they’ll hand you the puck?

Some people are giving too much credit to them. This team did most of the damage to itself.

I never thought the Habs played particularly spectacular, we just played spectacularly bad in our losses. They just took advantage of our countless mistakes.

That is selling them way short

the forechecked us to death and shut us down in their end 

not to mention out hit us 

Just now, canuck2288 said:

That is selling them way short

the forechecked us to death and shut us down in their end 

not to mention out hit us 

And how many times did we just wiff on passes, hand them the puck, or have the last man back cough up the puck?

Take away those plays alone and the games are much closer.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Right... and Green hasn't changed anything but the line combos. Tweak your approach / system for different teams and you force the other coach to respond, if your tweaks are successful in exploiting soft zones.

They're there. I'm sure if it. Julien isn't perfect

Totally agree

Green simply is not capable of reacting and he certainly can’t react in game 

33 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Yeah that Ottawa series last week was a mirage. The true showing of what kind of team Vancouver is against the Habs and the team is failing miserably 

Basically playing Ottawa was like in Contra when you enter the Konami Code (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A) and Montreal and the teams when you don't 

But Montreal is a very good hockey team.

I hope.

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

They created that pressure, part of their game 

and they converted 

I’m talking unforced errors, not even about their forecheck.

This team couldn’t make simple outlet passes and were throwing the puck in the middle.

Yea Montreal has a very good forecheck but they scored a lot of gimme goals that should have never happened.

• Cheers 2