The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, IBatch said:

Dana Murzyn lost foot speed but was very effective pre 96... Lumme Murzyn was one of the better defensive pairings we've ever had. 

agree with that.  plus he would murder anyone in front of the net.  

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 3

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't. Murzyn was a battler, but his skating was horrible. That's as an NHL'er. He'd probably circles around the rest of us. But his heart was always in it. 

Cement shoes ... or concrete skates.   And yes he could skate circles around 99% of posters 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

miss dana hed clear a crease no problem i never saw tanev clear a crease in my life 

you ol timers remember that series vs Calgary?  Gary Roberts would park it in the crease and Murzyn would unload the lumber on him so hard.  Roberts was one tough SOB but he took so many shots to the neck and back that he ended up in a horse collar.  Those good ol days are gone...now players exchange tik tok and instagram info inbetween whistles...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Darius said:

you ol timers remember that series vs Calgary?  Gary Roberts would park it in the crease and Murzyn would unload the lumber on him so hard.  Roberts was one tough SOB but he took so many shots to the neck and back that he ended up in a horse collar.  Those good ol days are gone...now players exchange tik tok and instagram info inbetween whistles...

roberts needed spine fusion after that playoff

21 minutes ago, Darius said:

I guess the meek are inheriting the earth. 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

40 minutes ago, Darius said:

38 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

roberts needed spine fusion after that playoff

I remember that. Loved Gary Roberts.. one tough SOB..

Robert Dirk was a big loss for Canucks when he left.. big physical Dman. Solid Dman for us when he was here..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

I remember that. Loved Gary Roberts.. one tough SOB..

Going on a tangent here...(i could use a break from the Canucks anyway haha)

even though he was a Flame for a long time I respected him (Roberts).  Tough as nails.

Check out 41 year old Gary laying a beat down on Ben Eager.  The best part ...George Laraque (tough SOB himself) mocking Eager from the penalty box for taking a beating from the old guy.,

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, gurn said:

I hated Gary Roberts, the Calgary Flame.

I would have loved Gary Roberts as a Canuck though.

Every team would love to have a Gary Roberts. 

I cheer for all Canadian teams.. always have since young age.. canucks #1 i like the Caps as well. But i have no problem cheering for Flames Oilers Jets etc when they not playing the Canucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1