The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, knucklehead91 said:

Are you sure you wanna see us vs Toronto?? Toffoli is a “good” player... Matthews is an “elite” player

That’s what I’m curious about.  I don’t think we’re nearly as bad as we are vs the habs.  It’s a horrible matchup, Toffoli curse and it’s totally in our heads.

Sad watching Hughes exit interview last year. Something along the lines of “these guys (Tof, Tanev, Marky) bring a lot to the team on and off the ice, and I’m sure management will find a way to bring back all of them because of how much they bring to the team” seems like he was set on all three if not at least one coming back. 

wonder if it’s as frustrating for the young players as it is for us to see all those guys go

1 minute ago, Wilfred said:

What a surprise again this team looks completely clueless on both ends of ice.

I stress again: Ottawa despite having arguably the worst team in the league, with bad personnel on both forward group and D corps...had zero issues handling our “system”

.” 

Despite the fact they have worse personnel across the board, they put up 42 and 35 shot games. Don’t remember the other game but that is enough already. They had ZERO ISSUE moving the puck out of their D zone. None. Just like every single team we play against. It doesn’t matter whether they have a horrible D corps or a good one. It’s ALWAYS EASY to get the puck out.

Meanwhile, they were able to put up tons of shots and chances because yet again, we cannot move the puck out of our own D zone. Just like every single team we play against. Doesn’t matter if they have a bad forward group or the best. It’s ALWAYS a GUGANTIC STRUGGLE to get the puck out of our zone.

I’m sick and tired of the defending of the coaching, or the “system.” What system? Pray and hope? Ottawa &^@#ing had their way with us 5 on 5. We have FAR BETTER personnel both on D and F and yet, we still struggled. Every single &^@#ing team we play against. We cannot move the puck out. Every single team we play against. They have ZERO ISSUE getting the puck out. 

I cannot take anyone even remotely seriously suggesting there isn’t a coaching issue. There isn’t one single &^@#ing team in the league that struggles getting the puck out more than us. And it takes looking no further than watching Ottawa with far worse personnel have no issue getting the puck of their D zone. We have the most shots against in the entire league. Oh and by the way. COACHING DOES EFFECT EXECUTION. Like people seriously argue that’s it’s just the players not executing!!! Well I wonder why consistently for nearly two years now, they’ve been consistently outshot and outplayed time and time again. It’s almost like...teams have better coaching and systems which allow players to execute...better. Crazy I know!!

And yeah, it's sad that Green is seemingly untouchable for criticism. The standards are uneven.

Green deserves blame as well as his assistants.

• Thanks 1

CAP MANAGEMENT. 

Jim screwed the team over because of stupid signings at a time when the club had no chance of competing.  

This should have been the year when he could have added. Add Tanev and Taffoli to this lineup. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wilfred said:

What a surprise again this team looks completely clueless on both ends of ice.

I stress again: Ottawa despite having arguably the worst team in the league, with bad personnel on both forward group and D corps...had zero issues handling our “system”

.” 

Despite the fact they have worse personnel across the board, they put up 42 and 35 shot games. Don’t remember the other game but that is enough already. They had ZERO ISSUE moving the puck out of their D zone. None. Just like every single team we play against. It doesn’t matter whether they have a horrible D corps or a good one. It’s ALWAYS EASY to get the puck out.

Meanwhile, they were able to put up tons of shots and chances because yet again, we cannot move the puck out of our own D zone. Just like every single team we play against. Doesn’t matter if they have a bad forward group or the best. It’s ALWAYS a GUGANTIC STRUGGLE to get the puck out of our zone.

I’m sick and tired of the defending of the coaching, or the “system.” What system? Pray and hope? Ottawa &^@#ing had their way with us 5 on 5. We have FAR BETTER personnel both on D and F and yet, we still struggled. Every single &^@#ing team we play against. We cannot move the puck out. Every single team we play against. They have ZERO ISSUE getting the puck out. 

I cannot take anyone even remotely seriously suggesting there isn’t a coaching issue. There isn’t one single &^@#ing team in the league that struggles getting the puck out more than us. And it takes looking no further than watching Ottawa with far worse personnel have no issue getting the puck of their D zone. We have the most shots against in the entire league. Oh and by the way. COACHING DOES EFFECT EXECUTION. Like people seriously argue that’s it’s just the players not executing!!! Well I wonder why consistently for nearly two years now, they’ve been consistently outshot and outplayed time and time again. It’s almost like...teams have better coaching and systems which allow players to execute...better. Crazy I know!!

Its been the same show for a few years and it seems most of the Staffs best days are with another team.   Hope to see more emotion as this game winds down - attleast, get some loser point and remind the Habs that it won't be easy next game...

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

Just now, LeanBeef said:

Sad watching Hughes exit interview last year. Something along the lines of “these guys (Tof, Tanev, Marky) bring a lot to the team on and off the ice, and I’m sure management will find a way to bring back all of them because of how much they bring to the team” seems like he was set on all three if not at least one coming back. 

wonder if it’s as frustrating for the young players as it is for us to see all those guys go

They're professionals. Come on.

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

90 day fiancé is one heck of an episode thus week. Wifey is overcome with joy that I let her change the channel. 

I left my wife get the TV too, she wants to watch that show. This game not worth fighting over for.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

The beauty is the org gave up madden so we can have the privilege of saying... “that guy that destroys us every game had a cup o coffee here with us once “ 

He still buys his damn dog treats at Granville Island....the guy wanted to stay!   

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

The Canucks will probably win the next game though and get some lucky win and learn nothing.  It’s almost like the GM and coach need to be taught a lesson (weird idea I know) but something has to give. Something needs to change in this organization because we were promised to get better. Not worse 

2 minutes ago, Petey40 said:

If Green can’t get this team going and playing as a team then he’s gotta go, doesn’t matter if he’s a good coach or not. Right now the entire team looks lost and pissed off, something is very wrong in the locker room and it’s transferring to the ice. 

I've been the biggest defender of Green, but something is off with this room right now.  

If we have a bad apple on our hands, I hope that he gets traded away even if it's JT Miller.  Otherwise Green's on borrowed time.