The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I have a cheap, crappy dollar shop clock that the battery had worn out in (way up high).   Changed it this morning and got it going.   

So you're saying it's a sign?

LET'S GO LOUIIIIIII!   Put me in coach.

image.png

My wife came home with a new wallposter today... 

IMG_20210202_225008.jpg

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Back to basketball. You teach the players in defence to form a triangle between their check, and the ball and the player. Draw an imaginary line from ball to check, move about 1/3 of the way to you check, them drop a bit towards the hoop to form the defensive triangle. This stops players from just watching the ball or watching their check. Develop their peripheral vision by staring into the space between check and ball and use peripheral vision to see both their check and the ball at the same time.
I have never played hockey, but would it work?  Then maybe we wouldn't see this sort of defense.

Bad defense.jpg

57 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

travel come on people...fly to Calgary for what 3 games, then hop on the long flight all the way to Edmonton for some games then they cross continental flight to Vancouver for 3 games. 1 pit stop game in Winnipeg before a set of games in Montreal, that ain't so bad in comparison to them flying to California for a game then back home for 2 then back on the road for say 6...How quickly people forget what the Canucks normal travel schedule is like eh!?

This travel excuse is lame! Come to play every game...remember that these players aren't you or I sitting on our coach drinking alcohol stuffing our faces with fattening foods, these are PRO athletes who train EVERYDAY and can play 12 games in 20 nights...Maybe the coaches need to utilize all these Taxi Squad players and put some of them into a game on the back to back nights, yet we seem to usually run the same group out. That would give players a rest no!? NBA has Elite players who sit out regularly now...when they do sometimes the team wins without them sometimes they lose. We could sit out 1 higher end player here and there and still ice a good team.

Canucks are fine, they just need to play hard every game and when they don't they look like they do vs Montreal this year. 

Shut up with the excuses for these millionaire athletes, they CAN be prepared they just DON'T show up every night and put in the EFFORT needed. When it is that easy to tell on the TV it is up to the COACHES to then kick their ARSES in gear during the game...................

Canucks, go and beat the French!!

oh come on i bet you travel to work and home and you flop on the couch all pooped out lol:bigblush:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's going to be really tough again tonight.     Since the season started, our guys have NOT had two days off in a row.  As a matter of fact, many days off they have had have been spent travelling.  I really see the schedule catching up with them right now.

Montreal's had a two and four day "rest" period already.  With another 6 days off coming up.  Seems so unbalanced and unfair right now.  One's set up to fail and the other to succeed. 

They're exhausted I'm sure...not sure how that'll play out.  Dig deep, get some fresh legs in there (yes, Loui)...see where it goes.

All I've got.

Stop using the schedule as a catch-all excuse for how the team has been playing, the effort hasn't been there for the most part. These guys are professional ATHLETES, they get paid millions of dollars to be in amazing shape both in strength and in stamina, playing 20 minutes of hockey every other night should not make them so unbelievably tired that they put in an effort like they did last night. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Greenman Wannabe said:

Stop using the schedule as a catch-all excuse for how the team has been playing, the effort hasn't been there for the most part. These guys are professional ATHLETES, they get paid millions of dollars to be in amazing shape both in strength and in stamina, playing 20 minutes of hockey every other night should not make them so unbelievably tired that they put in an effort like they did last night. 

Stop using money as an excuse for having unrealistic expectations.

Heard of being in game shape?   Seen exhibition games where they're not quite there yet?  Know anything about fatigue and how that impacts energy and performance?

Where were you when we were winning?  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Greenman Wannabe said:

like i said before the players are not machines,   sure they get paid alot, but money doesn't help if you don't get a break like the Habs have had, having said that there time is coming up, and i bet they will get as bagged as our Canucks have been. so buddy it is NOT AN EXCUSE!!!:picard: