The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should transgender athletes be able to compete against the gender they identify with?

smokes

38 minutes ago, GoCanucks16 said:

oh no the fallacy police

people who reject transgender identities are transphobic

intellectually believing indigenous people are inferior to other races is still racist

Nice argument there, not.

Not afraid of anything here, just don't agree with the positions mentioned.  The fact that you can't or won't justify them isn't my fault.

Interesting that you bring up racism.  Because I don't see anyone arguing that trans people are inferior, only that their rights shouldn't override others'.  And lots of racialized people aren't exactly thrilled when white people grow dreadlocks or pretend to be indigenous.  In other words, they reject trans identification when it comes to race and even find it offensive.  But yeah, go ahead and pretend that supports your position.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Nice argument there, not.

Not afraid of anything here, just don't agree with the positions mentioned.  The fact that you can't or won't justify them isn't my fault.

Interesting that you bring up racism.  Because I don't see anyone arguing that trans people are inferior, only that their rights shouldn't override others'.  And lots of racialized people aren't exactly thrilled when white people grow dreadlocks or pretend to be indigenous.  In other words, they reject trans identification when it comes to race and even find it offensive.  But yeah, go ahead and pretend that supports your position.

I'm sorry you don't know what prejudice is.

• -SN- locked this topic