The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Leafs just smiling, laughing, having just an amazing time. God forbid this team do anything to make it tough on them. No forecheck, easy zone exits, no neutral zone, horrible defensive zone play. 

We're actually easier to play against than Ottawa.

Edited by Wilfred

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Have to admire the canucks composure. I mean, Toronto is humiliating them and yet  o one has run anyone or tried to start a fight.  Admirable self control. So convincing you would almost thing they dont care 

The Sedins culture has a long lasting effects, 2 great players.  

Current NHL teams can protect seven forwards, three defensemen and one goalie, or eight skaters (forwards/defensemen) and one goalie.

I see only 1 defensemen that I would protect.

How unfortunate that Seattle can only pick 1 player from our team...and I highly doubt they will take a defensemen from us.

3 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

What’s going on?  Is it the defensive play of our forwards that is creating so many chances for the other team?

Yes. Defence is a five-man operation. Not much the d-men can do when Toronto has an awesome forecheck and the Canucks forward are hanging out by the red line waiting for the long pass.