The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

8 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

My friend just texted me that he recorded the game and if he should watch? Do I put him through the torture or let him suffer like the rest of us schmucks? 

Tell him it was worth watching... a hattrick and lots of goals!

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

My friend just texted me that he recorded the game and if he should watch? Do I put him through the torture or let him suffer like the rest of us schmucks? 

Dear lord,

If you're a true friend, tell him to do something productive with his evening instead.

• Cheers 2

Still boiling about the teams response to that senseless hit. No immediate attack, no scrum, just standing around looking for a change or to watch a one on one. What a poor team statement. I am so disappointed with the team. The loss I can accept, it's just one game but without a pack mentality, this team will continue to be open season and our young stars will either be hurt and/or leave. Bo needs to be a better leader on the ice and the rest of the needs to follow. We need an Iginla type captain. Not a Senin like captain.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, J-23 said:

He just mad about losing Marky and Tanev.

Lol that's more the fans being mad.  JT was traded twice in his career so it's not like Marky and Tanev were his career long teammates that got traded.  

JT looks like he slumps his shoulders every time that Elias makes a pass that's intercepted.  Those two look like they don't want to be on the same team. 

Really dissapointed with the defensive effort from our guys tonight....that shot of Gaudette loosly skating back and not picking Spezza for that 4th or 5th goal just blows my mind. I really don't understand why they aren't competing for the puck in their own end

• Vintage 1

Just now, Wayne Glensky said:

Benning has become the laughing stock of the NHL 

I would think he gets canned 1st. It’s really hard to fire a HC and then bring in another with the COVID protocols and who wants to come in here anyways? 
I bet Benning is canned and they tank for the 1st pick. 

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Lol that's more the fans being mad.  JT was traded twice in his career so it's not like Marky and Tanev were his career long teammates that got traded.  

JT looks like he slumps his shoulders every time that Elias makes a pass that's intercepted.  Those two look like they don't want to be on the same team. 

nana changing GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, NHTyrany said:

Still boiling about the teams response to that senseless hit. No immediate attack, no scrum, just standing around looking for a change or to watch a one on one. What a poor team statement. I am so disappointed with the team. The loss I can accept, it's just one game but without a pack mentality, this team will continue to be open season and our young stars will either be hurt and/or leave. Bo needs to be a better leader on the ice and the rest of the needs to follow. We need an Iginla type captain. Not a Senin like captain.

The Sedin influence on this team needs to go. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

When ya cant string 2 passes together your going to be playing defensive hockey all night long. Our def has been attrocious, I almost turned the game off but am afraid id miss something on the positive  side happen. Green's lost the room, the players have no confidence and they've given up. its going to be a tough year. where to even start to turn the ship around?

lol.  That's exactly what a lot of us fans felt like I'm sure.   Just waiting for not even a goal anymore..... just a great play, either defensively or offensively. So you can cling to some hope from that tiny spark. A glimmer of hope for future games. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The top players gave up before the season started. This is like a play in. They all wish they weren't here.  The nice thing is that they will get to be humiliated by the same 5 teams all year. I wonder when we will start to hear that some have asked to be traded.  

The fact that Miller was out spoken about the off season says a lot. He won't be the only one.

I wish to say ok otherwise but it looks like it and frankly if player movement caused the team and the top players to collapse as a cheap tent than all of them should be gone cause none of them have the mentality to win it all.

Yes thar include Petey and Hughes.

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1