The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, would had been niced if the team went that way but JB has built a good core and prospect list.  As a first time GM, I expected some growing pains but the way they are losing is very concerning... 

Sidenote - Ottawa beat Montreal (go figure).

As a talent scout, Benning is excellent. His record speaks for itself in that regard. He’s blown way too many FA signings and trades, and those have all caught up with the team now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

Nobody's denying anything. But it's pretty pathetic and childish to continually act like a fool. These problems are beyond us whether we like them or not. It's up to whoever is in charge to make those changes. Some of you guys don't when to stop. Nobody likes losing and there were bad choices. But that's life. Let's hope you guys got it all together.

How did he act like a fool? He posted real numbers.

This team plays like pussy cats. 

Bo never hits guys like 225+ Come the hell on dude unleash the “bull” 

Jake , common man! played with urgency his last game and once in a while.. big fan but damn kid.

Myers.  BFG giraffe Mofo come on dude get nasty 

Rooster more like French chicken. At best

Motte your cool

Miller I don’t know who ran your cat over but get ugly brother. Let it out use it! We’ve all lost 

Benn good job sticking up for Hughes but it’s about time. What 1? Fight last year.. maybe? Zero? 

this team has tough guys but the only mean streak they got is the backside of their undies when they’re about to play Montreal “Canadiens..” pfft sad

reboot boys, go find a pair! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Yeah but he needs to realize he isn't going to go out and burn people on the score board at will like Hank could. Needs to look to other means , use that big frame and rock someone FFS.  A real statement would have been him dropping them tonight. 

I agree. The culture that predicated this team has been one that is passive and that was from the previous core. 

2 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Tanev was the glue to our D and Marky stole us games...We just don't have that team now, accept it.

Despite all the current grief we as fans are dealing with; it was time to give Demko & other prospects there chance and replenish our prospect cup board - the prices Calgary are too much.   

Management should had done a better job communicating with the players...

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

This is a reality. It’s why this team is bad and can’t do a thing. Should we pretend this isn’t a problem. It’s bad cap management. It’s reflective of his management. So yes it’s ok to look at why we’re at where we are at. It proves he’s not a good manager.

that's not really fair. Other than Eriksson, which ends soon, he can't be responsible for concussions or recapture. Also I still like beagle and Sutter's pay was for sticking out a rebuild and ends soon. Just wish the rebuild would have started earlier but where did that get Edmonton or Toronto. When did they last contend? Our window is still a few years away and I'm hoping Benning will have a couple more years to finish his work.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Monty said:

Tyler Myers - 6M 
Loui Eriksson - 6M 
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M 
Jordie Benn - 2M 
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

That is over $30 million in bad value cap.  

About half our roster wouldn’t be picked up if we waived them tomorrow. Not a recipe for success.

I guess the mantra this year will soon be “Lose for Hughes”?

• Cheers 2