The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

that's not really fair. Other than Eriksson, which ends soon, he can't be responsible for concussions or recapture. Also I still like beagle and Sutter's pay was for sticking out a rebuild and ends soon. Just wish the rebuild would have started earlier but where did that get Edmonton or Toronto. When did they last contend? Our window is still a few years away and I'm hoping Benning will have a couple more years to finish his work.

Ferland had concussion problems before we signed him. There was nothing to warrant giving Sutter an extension, Beagle and roussel the money they got. Its way too much. More than any other team in the league for the money spent on the bottom 6. It is fair, sorry.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I'm starting to wonder if we need the little things addition to the lineup.

Probably better to sit him out so he hopefully retires in the summer but we may need his little things. Gaudette needs to gain some weight - he cannot keep the puck along the boards in battles. We lose possession. We need gauds to be a bit heavier. Let's put him on a big mac meal plan and put him on the taxi squad for 3 weeks. Maybe he will gain a few pounds to give him more leverage in luck battles. He works his butt off but lacks the mass to win the majority of the battles he normally would.

Maybe sit a few players and bring in the entire taxi squad. 

Just now, Sanford said:

Haven't posted here in years... but Benning & Green needs to be fired.

This team should not be underperforming like this.

FIRE JIM BENNING & TRAVIS GREEN.

I think you could make a case for one or the other, or both. 
It’s unfortunate, but for whatever reason this team can’t keep the puck out of its own net, and there’s enough talent on the team that it shouldn’t be as big of an issue.

• Cheers 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

To me it looks like the team has given up on each other.  When someone makes a mistake, their teammates don't put in the extra effort to cover for them...  and lord knows we're constantly making mistakes.  

Very beginning of 3rd period:  We're on the powerplay and Elias make a terrible giveaway about 20 seconds into the period.  JT Miller is visibly frustrated on the ice.  

Yup, seen that.

Hope it's not an internal team problem.

This is just sad overall for us fans and the team :lol:

2 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

the guy talks the truth...we already got a filtered version in Green so no need to duplicate

I agree but Bo's msg should be the one primarily recieved. It seems like miller is taking all the focus. Bo wants to handle it internally and Miller is sharing to much. Imo

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

As a talent scout, Benning is excellent. His record speaks for itself in that regard. He’s blown way too many FA signings and trades, and those have all caught up with the team now. 

scouting staff was fantastic and his ego let them walk 

before judd -  JV OJ . 
A talent scout doesn’t miss with 90% of his ufa signing on top of that. Both term and $$$
and that doesn’t even cover the guys who’ve walked away from this team or his inability to manage or fore see the Cap issues he was setting himself up with.

he assembled this team his it’s his  second coach 

he’s a terrible GM and the sooner he gone the  better. 

• Cheers 3

7 Years, over 560+ Million spent on players.  They did this with a trainee first time President, with a trainee first time GM, with two first time trainee back to back coaches, what the hell is ownership thinking?

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

What's this, a veteran player on 700K made the difference tonight?

But I was told those types of vets are impossible to sign?  I was told you had to pay 3M for veterans and that was fair market value.

Odd...something not adding up here...

Are you really comparing contracts signed this off-season to the off-seasons in the past?  Apples and oranges.