The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I wonder how bad we will need to lose before the league will finally let us win the draft lottery.  Lol

*sees LA and NYR currently out of the playoff picture*
We have a few more levels of suck we need to get to before they give us one.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I wonder how bad we will need to lose before the league will finally let us win the draft lottery.  Lol

The Sedins were the best two amateur players in the 1999 NHL draft.  Even though technically Stefan was the 1st overall pick; it only was for PR purposes (so the expansion club could use that for marketing purposes).  Burke arranged with Atlanta not to pick either Sedin with the 1st overall pick.

3 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

I dont think i saw as many 2 on 1s last year as this small sample of games have shown. terrible decision making in passes are sinking this team. 

Is it me or did our d pinch this much last year. Or it's the same amount but we aren't scoring, maintaining pressure, turning it over and it results in all these quality chances. 

• Like 1

Just now, ilduce39 said:

Benning will get fired.

His replacement will be some analytics nerd who inherits a hugely talented core, a 1OA and most of the contracts / luongo recapture will be expiring in a year.  We’ll rebound next year so everyone will be clamouring to sign with us for cheap. 

The nerd will be called “shrewd” and every phrase synonymous with “breath of fresh air” for managing a team that basically builds itself.

I will be mocked for making sarcastic comments about it.  

I hope they avoid the analytics geeks altogether. Get a GM with actual NHL experience as a GM. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Agree with the post, but why Moussilini ?

It’s old and I never bothered to change it - when I created the account I was going to be an obnoxiously bombastic braggadocio tone.  I kinda figured I’d get banned in a week.

I mean, some people probably think I’m obnoxious but I’m a few warning points away from being banned.

• Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, High and Inside said:

The reason guys like Edler/Hughes and some of our other top guys are looking bad is because they are being asked to carry the team. We need a good team effort but we don’t have the horses for that.  Chatfield is fine with sheltered minutes but he no where near NHL caliber. I would rather have Stecher hear then Chatfield 

We miss Stecher more than most fans will admit.  He was one of our best defensive d-men.  One of our quickest at puck recovery and getting it or moving it out of the zone.  And was relied on for the PK. Paired with Edler last season and the playoffs, they had the best plus minuses of every other d. He's exactly what we need more of.

Edited by kilgore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, rekker said:

Is it me or did our d pinch this much last year. Or it's the same amount but we aren't scoring, maintaining pressure, turning it over and it results in all these quality chances. 

We also had Marky bailing us out night after night.  Giving up chances have been an issue since last year. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T-Bo said:

7 Years, over 560+ Million spent on players.  They did this with a trainee first time President, with a trainee first time GM, with two first time trainee back to back coaches, what the hell is ownership thinking?

I was saying this for years. Rookie gm rookie coaches. All had to learn on the job. 

Our gm needs to be an executive type. Quick witted man who understands money and contracts and future planning.

Jb should be asst gm in charge of scouting and drafting.

Many ppl attacked me on cdc for these views but looks like most are coming around now..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

It’s old and I never bothered to change it - when I created the account I was going to be an obnoxiously bombastic braggadocio tone.  I kinda figured I’d get banned in a week.

I mean, some people probably think I’m obnoxious but I’m a few warning points away from being banned.

Hahaha it’s all good bro I just had to ask 

• Cheers 1