The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

55 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

A lot of people called it garbage from the start like myself. Vastly overpaid, plus this is CDC homerisim is rampant here. 

I agree. Depth isn't OJ

Edited by Chris12345
2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Took a few good strides....this is bs late in a runaway game like this.  This is unfinished business for me.  Big respect to Jordie B for at least responding.  This was a huge charge at Quinn and it wasn't the first.   

Agreed. I’d be happy if Simmond’s remaining career is cut short by injury. What a slimeball. 

• Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The reason they didn't sign him is the extra 1.5 million was spent on Schmidt's 6 million per, instead of 4.5 mil per for Tanev.

There were other ways. Starting with realizing soon enough when to hold em and when to fold em, when to give up on OEL, then Barrie, then Markstrom, then Tanev.    It didn't help that JB was so uncommunicative with not just Stecher, but Toffoli, and Tavev both said the same thing. Leivo didn't feel wanted either. A nice cheap depth player.

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Took a few good strides....this is bs late in a runaway game like this.  This is unfinished business for me.  Big respect to Jordie B for at least responding.  This was a huge charge at Quinn and it wasn't the first.   

Charfield ran their player first and that was right in the numbers..

Tml are tougher to play against now. Thats why they added Simmonds.. we need a cpl guys like him on our team.

Edited by WHL rocks
Just now, WHL rocks said:

Tml are tougher to play against now. Thats why they added Simmonds.. we need a cpl guys like him on our team.

Ferla....wait. 
Rouss..... uh.  Yeah this team needs some truculence. 

• Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya but when u pay high price and trade for a guy like toffoli u dont let him walk. Especially at 4.25 mill..

If u want to build on last year towards a Cup u need more toffolis not less. 

Its a horrible decision losing him. Just as bad as signing Loui or Myers to those terrible contracts.

Tofu has 8 goals against us, and 1 goal against the rest of the division.  I'm going to go ahead and chalk that up to us being a terrible team.  I'd love to have Tofu over a lot of 3rd line wingers, but he's not the reason that we're sucking this bad.  

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Benning got us some good players this off-season, so unfortunately I have to blame the leadership and the coaching for our poor start.  

Silver lining:  Juolevi and Chatfield have proven themselves to be NHL calibre.  We might be able to resign Elias and Quinn for 7 mil and 5 mil if they keep playing like this.  

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

JT Miller | Post Game

sons of anarchy GIF

I keep forgetting to finish that series, because I watch a couple episodes and completely lose interest again.

I figured Jax ends up riding his bike off a cliff, all wasted and high on blow... but a head on will do.

Edit - *after he kills his Mom and Step Dad

Edited by luckylager
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

They ran Quinn a couple of times.

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Tyler Myers - 6M 
Loui Eriksson - 6M 
Brandon Sutter - 4.375M
Michael Ferland - 3.5M
Roberto Luengo 3M
Antoinne Roussel - 3M
Jay Beagle - 3M 
Jordie Benn - 2M 
Sven Bartschi 2.291M
Ryan Spooner - 1.033M

Jesus Christ. Just this alone is enough to fire JB. We never stood a chance. 

• Hydration 1

I think the owners will fire Benning and let Weasel run the team for the rest of the year. They won't spend any more money this year. Just a gut feeling.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

oldnews for coach 

He’s right from my experience anyways.  When the game is getting as far away from the team as it is, you need to simplify and outwork the other team.  

Simple isn’t easy... since it finds its advantage in effort and hard work... but it usually works.  At least well enough to get out of this tail spin. 

• Hydration 1
1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I keep forgetting to finish that series, because I watch a couple episodes and completely lose interest again.

I figured Jax ends up riding his bike off a cliff, all wasted and high on blow... but a head on will do.

It’s worth it. Great series. 

Just now, camaro ss said:

How about we get rid of the Aquillini family? There the ones that didn’t buy out anyone like..Luongo, Ericsson. They have there hands in way to deep and get in the way of GM.

It just compounds are cap hit over the next couple years. We need to get out of that situation. No buyouts was the first step unfortunately for this year 

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

They ran Quinn a couple of times.

Wish we had some guys to push back against their stars. 

This team has been soft for 15 years now.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, camaro ss said:

How about we get rid of the Aquillini family? There the ones that didn’t buy out anyone like..Luongo, Ericsson. They have there hands in way to deep and get in the way of GM.

Who gave Eriksson 6 million?? Who gave Luongo the contract and which league punished them? It sure wasnt Aqua man.

• SNuck unpinned and unfeatured this topic