The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Toronto Maple Laffs | February 4, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I get home from work late so I just finished watching the game on the PVR.

Pros: Benn sticking up for Hughes. 
Cons: Literally everything else. 

I’m not the type to whine after a loss but this one hurts. There are few things in life that I hate more than losing to the leafs. :sick:

I don’t know what’s going on with this team right now, but something has to change and fast. Heads are going to roll if they don’t.

Oh come on, Myers and Schmidt were both +1.  They didn't allow a short handed goal....I could go on... .... ....but that's all I got.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Trading for him doesn't stop him from retiring.

i don't think u know the rules. If he retired do to an "injury" or a injury that  prevented him from playing the capture penalty would not have been applied, because he did not retire on his own terms.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brownky said:

It's not about the faceoffs.

I'll give you one guess as to who is running the powerplay in Toronto.

The one that is actually good.

We could have kept him for that role, but we went with the guy whose ideas were stale 10 years ago the first time around. "The devil we know".

If it's the devil why... keep it?

Wadr - if you have Tavares, Marner, Matchews, Reilly, Double-Flamingo on your 1st powerplay unit - and you need to bring in a powerplay coach....LOL.

That's not what they signed him for.

He went there to make better two way players out of guys out of their young top 10 picks...

The reality is that Malhotra was a free agent - both teams made offers to him - he chose Toronto.

The whining around here - as if he was "let go" is misrepresentative / revision.

Malhotra learned the benefits of focusing on those little things from Green – not just with individual players, but in coaching as a whole.

“He really likes to analyze things, overanalyze, overcook,” Malhotra said. “And initially you think it's probably a little bit of overkill, but you realize when you put that type of thought into decisions, into systems, into lineups, that it shows you care. It shows that you're putting the proper time in to make those key decisions.”

Malhotra hopes to help Toronto’s top offensive players, like Auston Matthews, Mitch Marner and William Nylander, become stronger two-way players.

"try to relay some of those messages on the details of your game and sharpening up the small, finer points that everybody always harps on from a young age. It's a matter of putting those into play on a regular basis that separates guys and allows guys to grow in your career.”

I honestly don't get how Green and the coaching staff casually overlook that we're giving up nearly 40 sog every game. How the heck do you expect to win getting peppered like that. We are statistically the worst defense in the league and it seems to make no difference to the coaching staff. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 13231 said:

I honestly don't get how Green and the coaching staff casually overlook that we're giving up nearly 40 sog every game. How the heck do you expect to win getting peppered like that. We are statistically the worst defense in the league and it seems to make no difference to the coaching staff. 

That means coaching staff is the problem for how our D plays.

21 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

JB has swung and missed so many times on adding that element to the roster.  It’s not from lack of trying but damn.

They either get hurt, suck or go back to Russia.

Dorsett, Roussel, Ferland, Sbisa, Gudbranson, Schaller, Pedan, Prust, Tryamkin

Problem when signing guys for toughness is half of those guys were past their “prime” for toughness landing bigger longer contracts/extensions/ etc. Gotta draft young guys who play tough. Where asides from Jake Benning like the lighter skilled guys. I do hope Tryamkin comes back but that’s a hope we’ll see. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

At this point we need a whole sale change in defense. Aside for Hughes and maybe schmidt, the rest can go. That means goodbye Edler, Myers, Benn etc. Trade Schmidt if its for good defense prospect.

Imagine if we would have signed Tofolli instead of Schmidt (for even less money)    I suspect the team would be a whole lot better than they are now.  Agree JB????